PDA

View Full Version : Wheels

Higgy87TRX425
02-24-2011, 07:12 PM
Ok I have a problem. There's a set of Rims that I really want to put on my Roll Lobo set up there annodized blue and polished aluminum. The only problem is that I can only buy them for the front for my Honda. They sell rear wheels but only for a Yamaha bolt pattern. They dicontinued them. Can I get an adapter or can I run Yamaha hubs on my Honda Axle?. Or can I run a Yamaha axle on my Honda? What should I do? I bought the rims in Black already and I was thinkintg about having them powder coated the same color as my frame when I get that painted. But I'd rather just buy them already to go! What do you guys think I should do repowder or change parts?

Higgy87TRX425
02-24-2011, 07:23 PM
Heres the wheels

MANIAK 88R
02-24-2011, 07:43 PM
I'd check with one of the aftermarket axle manufacturer's to see if they can produce a honda spec axle with yamaha splines.

Otherwise, it wouldn't be very difficult to machine a round 5/8" aluminum plate. Countersink the Honda pattern and use bolts through the hubs. Then intall studs through the plate with the Yamaha pattern.

ytman
02-24-2011, 07:57 PM
We once tried to put 250r hubs on a banshee axle. They have the same number of splines but the Yamaha's are deeper. They fit on but we spun the splines out of the hubs in the first 30 miles of the Vegas to Reno. DNF.I don't know if other Yamaha's are the same as Banshee's or not.

trx250racer
02-24-2011, 11:09 PM
what kind of riding are you planning to do? i think that if you were to get on of those billet axles you coud easily put any style hubs on there.

are you sure those wheels are anodized and not powder coated? you an always try and match the rears with powder coat.

sangheraent
02-25-2011, 04:21 PM
cant you swap a yamaha carrier and axle in there? that might be going a little too far. But why cant you contact like lonestar and get them to make a 250r hub with yamaha splines.

C-LEIGH RACING
02-25-2011, 04:33 PM
Lonestar has a set of aftermarket billet rear hubs, with Honda splines & 4 X 115 Yamaha bolt pattern.
I have a set.
Neil

Higgy87TRX425
02-25-2011, 05:50 PM
C-Leigh racing, That sounds like the best idea so far. Should I contact Lonestar for a set of those hubs or would you like to sell me yours? lol. Seriously though, I would be interested. Let me know.
Trx250racer, they could be painted, actually they probably are painted. I hadn't taken that close of a look, but that would make more sense. Matching the powdercoat on the wheels I already have would be cheaper to.. I just kindfa wanted to keep the black wheels too. I keep going back and forth between HiPer Beadlocks and these wheels.

C-LEIGH RACING
02-25-2011, 06:32 PM
Are those wheel some of those that were on display at the Indy trade show ??.

Reason I have those hubs, a Yamaha Banshee wheel, how its made with the big hole in the center, is lighter than a 250R rear wheel & I was going for a lighter 250R rear end altogether, but once I got it light, it didnt do us any good because of my daughter little lite tail & we didnt have enough weight on the rear wheels.

I guess I could sell them, dont intend to use them anyways.

If you would, measure the wheel you have where the stud goes through & see how thick the wheel is & in the meanwhile I'll measure the hub studs & see how long they are.
Reason I'm saying, dont know if the studs will be long enough if those wheel are real thick.
Neil

Higgy87TRX425
02-25-2011, 06:43 PM
Ok, they look real thick, but my stock Honda hubs worked just fine for mounting the rims on. I already have these rims in Black. So if those Lonestar hubs you have stud that are the same length as stock Honda, then they'll work fine!! I don't think that the wheels mounts are much thicker. I thi k that they just look like it. I'll measure them tomarrow to be sure though. Then I'll post the results tomarrow, Thanks Higgy!!

aaron496
02-25-2011, 06:58 PM
I have a rad aluminum axle in my r and it has the 4/115 bolt pattern. It is for sale if your interested

Aaron