PDA

View Full Version : having trouble controlling my 450r

711racer
02-24-2011, 06:09 PM
I have an 05 450R set up for MX. The problem Im having is reaching when turning while leaning to the opposite side of the bike. I have 32" Fasst Flexx bars and did have an aftermarket throttle which was about 1/2" wider than a stock that i put on and allows me to slide everything in closer for better feel as far as reach and leaning (while sitting in the building).
Now the issue that Im having is the front brake lever is out to far for me to grab with my fingers. There ASV levers, the left side is not a problem, just the right side with throttle and brake reservoir being so bulky. I thought about taking the brake lever to a friend at a machine shop and seeing if he could machine the piece that the lever actually mounts to and make it a little narrower.
ANY help at all would be GREATLY APPRECIATED

trailrider894
02-25-2011, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by 711racer
I have an 05 450R set up for MX. The problem Im having is reaching when turning while leaning to the opposite side of the bike. I have 32" Fasst Flexx bars and did have an aftermarket throttle which was about 1/2" wider than a stock that i put on and allows me to slide everything in closer for better feel as far as reach and leaning (while sitting in the building).
Now the issue that Im having is the front brake lever is out to far for me to grab with my fingers. There ASV levers, the left side is not a problem, just the right side with throttle and brake reservoir being so bulky. I thought about taking the brake lever to a friend at a machine shop and seeing if he could machine the piece that the lever actually mounts to and make it a little narrower.
ANY help at all would be GREATLY APPRECIATED

Try angling the bars closer to you. Maybe try cutting you bars down some so they aren't so wide? Its sounds like you setup is wacked out. I have never had this problem. 32" isn't real wide.

CJM
02-25-2011, 12:15 PM
You sure the lever isnt bent? Try putting a CR brake lever on, I recall its not as curved.

Prostart
02-25-2011, 04:59 PM
If your brake lever is pointed down really far then you could rotate it up some. Also try to lean your upper body closer to the center of the bike to put your right arm closer to the right side of the bars. just some suggestions.

711racer
02-25-2011, 08:11 PM
Thanks... I think I'm gonna cut the center of the bars down... An engineer from ASV thinks that's my best bet