PDA

View Full Version : For those who have the LEXX exhaust

CJM
02-24-2011, 04:37 PM
I finally took the header off and down to my buddy at the exhaust shop. I had wanted to get rid of the junk spacer they use on this setup.

Heres what we discovered/happened:

1. B/c he works with cars he didnt have any kinda expander that would fit the ex head pipe. he also noted in order to expand it a half inch the metal would probably distort or shear.

2. The solution was to take a 2 inch outside diameter exhaust pipe from a car and weld it to the exposed flange on the header.

2A. You want to make this piece 2 1/8 inches long to accommodate the fact you might not have it on perfectly when you weld it.

2B. You will also want to cut off the stock header pipe right up to the flange-its no longer needed.

3. You will need an exhaust band clamp to hook this on now. I bought mine at bike bandit, its a cobra brand and 2 inches in diameter-I coulda used the next size down tho for my application as it snugged down quite well.

4. I cut 4; 1 inch vertical slits into the mid pipe of the lexx exhaust where it will meet the new end of the header.

Thats all there is to it, if you have a welder and your handy for about 10 bucks the entire spacer thing can be thrown out forever.

I woulda taken pics, but one my exhaust studs snapped and I spent the better part of the day fixing it-praying it holds up as I dont want to buy a new head :(

backwoods 400ex
02-25-2011, 08:58 PM
Are these the directions to instal it?? i have one on my '06 and it went right on in like 5 min no welding cutting or anything

CJM
02-25-2011, 09:09 PM
No, its directions on how to get rid of the god awful spacer they come with.

Basically I welded a piece of 2 inch outer diameter car exhaust pipe onto the stock header.

backwoods 400ex
02-25-2011, 10:38 PM
Oh yeah i like the pipe and all and it sounds nice and seems to add decent power but i wish they made it fit better like how where it goes to the header like you explained

CJM
02-26-2011, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by backwoods 400ex
Oh yeah i like the pipe and all and it sounds nice and seems to add decent power but i wish they made it fit better like how where it goes to the header like you explained

Thats why I did it :)