View Full Version : leager vs lonestar

bansheeboyo
02-24-2011, 01:13 PM
aye aye guys hows it going ???
just wondering your opinions on leager vs lonestar ,both plus 2
cheers scott

SilverLake250R
02-24-2011, 01:27 PM
Laeger vs. LSR? I would pick Laeger hands down.

I would rank the popular manufacturers-

1. Roll Design
2. Walsh
3. Laeger
4. Houser
5. LSR

But that's just me.

lwrider20
02-24-2011, 02:58 PM
lonestar all the way.

C41Xracer
02-24-2011, 03:12 PM
These posts are dumb and useless, these are like ford vs. chevy posts. Everyone likes something else for different reasons

bansheeboyo
02-24-2011, 04:51 PM
ah ok sorry ,just thought casue of the price diffrence they may have better stronger lighter materials and whatnot ,so in short it dosnt really matter ??

C41Xracer
02-24-2011, 05:05 PM
In my opinion any aftermarket frame is 100 times better than stock. new laeger doesnt compare to mark laeger at all

C41Xracer
02-24-2011, 05:05 PM
In my opinion any aftermarket frame is 100 times better than stock. new laeger doesnt compare to mark laeger at all

Higgy87TRX425
02-24-2011, 05:53 PM
Laeger!!!

Flyin_250r
02-24-2011, 07:21 PM
I had a lonestar 250r and still have my laeger yz450 hybrid.... i personally love the feel of the laeger over the lonestar personally. But my lonestar was also standard travel front and standard 250r link rear... so i guess its not really the same comparison

MANIAK 88R
02-24-2011, 07:54 PM
My Laeger was one of the original Mark Laeger builds back in 1994 or 1995. I have noticed that the welds are visibly larger on mine vs. a newer Laeger.

LSR seems to "build to suit" so it would depend on what the LSR was originally built for.

There are soo many aftermarket companies out there for the 250R, does it really matter frame to frame.

The comparison should be drawn by stock link, no-link, CR-link and by std travel, long travel, protrax, etc.

IMO it is not what frame you use but rather what you bolt onto that frame.

ytman
02-24-2011, 08:34 PM
The original question was about plus 2 a arms so all this talk about frames is crap. Lone Star arms are more adjustable and probably better for anything other than MX as you can slow down the steering. Laegers traditionally have quicker steering and are busier in the rough and not adjustable.But..some frames have short mounting tabs and wont accept the heims of the adjustable arms.Fat old desert racer's 2 cents

rayman375
02-24-2011, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by ytman
The original question was about plus 2 a arms so all this talk about frames is crap. Lone Star arms are more adjustable and probably better for anything other than MX as you can slow down the steering. Laegers traditionally have quicker steering and are busier in the rough and not adjustable.But..some frames have short mounting tabs and wont accept the heims of the adjustable arms.Fat old desert racer's 2 cents

It depends on if they are standard balljoints or protrax. The protrax you will notice a differance, people describe them as being "twitchy". The balljoint Laeger won't be like that.

Higgy87TRX425
02-25-2011, 06:07 PM
I have a tweaker neighbor that's like that. "twichy"! LOL, but thats good to know sense I just got my +2 Long travel Pro-trax frontend in the mail today. I've been wanting one since my Lobo doesn't have the options of a Pro-trax. I can't wait to check out the difference between the 2. It may take a while though. Seeing that the laeger build is just a pile of parts right now! LOL!

DoonRider
02-27-2011, 10:41 PM
That's good info ytman. I didn't realize the heims can be a bigger diameter than the bushings style. Are the tabs on the stock frame long enough?
Are those FullFlight a-arms advertised on ebay any good? I ride recreationally and just bought a wider rear axle and was looking to do something for the front as well. Can you use the stock brake lines with reg travel +2?
Thanks for your time.