PDA

View Full Version : Wrecking hurts. no pics unfortunately

TheLane
02-23-2011, 09:55 PM
WAY overshot a step up at the track today(by about 10 feet from the bottom on the landing). And with all the rain we had plus the water truck guy being just a tad overzealous I managed to land on my fronts in a nice mudpit, which then knocked my bike into the sidewall, which then caught my skid plate and turned my bike into a catapult, after a few rolls from myself and the bike it wound up landing on me.

I was able to get right up thankfully with only some cuts and bruises...and i think the bike bent my back in a few different directions its not supposed to go.

Its horrible it had to happen this way but I think Cody may have saved my life. After hearing of his accident i went out that same day and bought a neck brace. I seriously feel like it saved my *** today. Im saying my prayers for you buddy, and you have my thanks.

tjsdaname
02-23-2011, 10:05 PM
Glad to hear your okay... crashing always sucks...
IMO the neck brace is the second most important piece of gear. what did you go with? leatt?

CJM
02-23-2011, 10:47 PM
Glad your ok, thank god your not seriously injured.

How bads the bike>?

kfx400rider03
02-23-2011, 10:53 PM
nice to hear you are good. and after reading about cody also i decided to wait on new boots and buy a neck brace before riding season starts.

TheLane
02-24-2011, 09:10 AM
Thanks guys, it coulda been a lot worse then it was.

because it was a last minute buy i went with the EVS ( the leatt is so much more expensive) and was actually pretty surprised at how comfortable it was. I completely forgot i was wearing it when i was riding, and Ill never ride without it again.

Bike is in ok shape, bent rim, bent bars, bumper, the usual, i should have it back in top shape by this weekend.

trailrider894
02-24-2011, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by TheLane
Bike is in ok shape, bent rim, bent bars, bumper, the usual, i should have it back in top shape by this weekend.

I always say, you don't ride hard enough if you haven't replaced those parts atleast 3 times... lol

slightlybent47
02-24-2011, 11:45 AM
Now that’s what I call getting up close and personal with the track! Glad to here your ok.

CADWELL
02-24-2011, 12:55 PM
I noticed you're from PHX...What track did you wreck at?

I was planning on following up another trip to Speedworld that day after a very regretful trip up there on Mon. After all the rain this weekend the track was scetchy at best on Mon. with huge puddles everywhere.

How you heal up quick!

TheLane
02-24-2011, 05:43 PM
haha yeah man i was out at speedworld and the track was still pretty thrashed with mud puddles everywhere.

I ate it on that step up on the vet track that you hit when you take the short route. I was racing a buddy and hit it 4th gear half throttle and needless to say way over shot it.

Im hoping the track is back in good condition by next week . Were normally out there on wed's and ride at 56th st and the 101 on sundays so if you ever wanna ride send me a pm!