PDA

View Full Version : Barnett dirt digger clutch

Chukkinsod
02-23-2011, 07:38 PM
Anyone out there have issues with running the Barnett clutches? Seem to have a helluva time getting neutral while running. If I give it slow throttle I can get it but under normal idle it stays in first. Ran OEM clutches and have a new set hanging in the garage and never had the issue. Also have had issues while full throttle getting gears lately . Wondering if I have fork problems or drum issues.

ish416
02-23-2011, 08:54 PM
I ran the Barnett Digger clutch springs and plates and they were absolute junk. The didn't last more than 2 months and I had several issues with the quad not shifting correctly and with getting into neutral.

Replaced those plates and springs with OEM Honda and have had no issues since about 2003.

ridehonda400ex
02-23-2011, 09:19 PM
Stock is the best! Ive got an 01 400ex and still on the stock clutch! No problems, but wasnt rode much before i got it...but im gunna replace it when i get the funds:D

PLF
02-24-2011, 07:45 AM
I have EBC clutch and the only problem I ever had whatsoever is on first start before oil gets hot if you hold the clutch and shift it will lurch forward but when it gets a bit hot it goes all away.

The EBC is supposed to be 10% or 15% stiffer I dont remember but you feel the difference on the stock lever. It is very stout, you really feel it won't slip on you even in extreme beating conditions !

I was about to reinstall stock springs to have an easier pull put I baught a used MSR AOF lever this week :D