PDA

View Full Version : FMF Ignition

12-02-2001, 10:34 PM
Is the FMF AOF Power Ignition System any good and do you feel much of the change from swiching from torque to boost and the other way? Thanks:rolleyes:

12-02-2001, 11:49 PM
i heard it's junk and you can bearly tell the difference in the two stages.a company named vortex ignitions make awsomw ignition like the fmf but much better but i am not sure if they make them for the 400ex but it's something to look into.a xr400 one would probly work if they make one but i've only seen them on yzf dirtbikes

quadfamily
12-03-2001, 09:28 PM
I don't know if they make them for 4 stroke machines but a friend has one on his 125 kawi dirt bike that he races. He said it made a huge difference but he had to re-jet big time because it burns all the fuel you give it with the hotter spark. It made his bike really lean and it ran terrible at first. Once he went up several sizes in the jetting he was astonished at how much more power he got from just an ignition change. He only tried it in the top end power position of the switch. To qualify my friends opinions he has been racing both 125 and 250 kawi's in MX for almost 10 years and he does all his own mods and tuning and he does quite well racing.