PDA

View Full Version : bearings!!!! please help me

Grande Huevos
02-23-2011, 05:43 PM
ok guys i had a thread the other day about how i split my case and i still have a coulple questions. for one how can i tell when its time to replace a bearing other then the obvious if its rusted or broke or somethin. like how easly should they spin? can i simply put my finger on any of the bearings and spin them???? should it b easy or have any resistance?? second question is are there any good bearings out there or is oem the only way to go?? i found a entire bottom end bearing kit by company called boss bearings its $150 but it makes me nervous as iv nerver heard of them before? last of all if oem turns out being the best rout can anyone give me a part number for crank bearings and seals? and do u get them from service honda or somwhere els??? i kno im asking alot guys but i just want whats best for my baby ya kno!!

Honda 250r 001
02-23-2011, 07:22 PM
I have a complete bearing kit from BOSS bearing, have had no troubles with it. good quality bearings.

Bearings should spin smooth with very little resistence. they should not have "grit" in them when you spin em. New bearings will be like butter when you spin them.

Grande Huevos
02-24-2011, 06:53 AM
how long have u had the kit in ur bike?? approx how many riding hrs?? and did u use the entire kit or only replace certain bearing?? im kinda leaning that way simply cuz u get every bearing and seal in the bottom end, but i do quiet a bit of riding and i wanna make sure they r gonna last and not trash my new motor!

Honda 250r 001
02-24-2011, 10:01 AM
I race MX and ride dunes on occasion. They get abused fairly well id say, and they are still like new after 50 hours.

way2fast4u_250R
02-24-2011, 11:00 AM
honda oem best, only way tu go-