PDA

View Full Version : Supertrapp Xd Race Series Exhaust

riotact
02-23-2011, 01:29 PM
I got a great deal on a 450r Supertrapp Xd Race Series exhaust and figured I would mod it to fit the ex.It is pretty much a direct fit except for cutting 2" off of the mid pipe.All I have to say is man,this thing is loud,I havent had a chance to ride it yet to see how the power is since I'm in the middle of doing the suspension.My old pipe was an FMF Megamaxx so we'll see how this is one I get it up and running.

Duf6
02-23-2011, 02:36 PM
I think it looks pretty cool anyway.

riotact
02-23-2011, 03:01 PM
It does look really good on there I just hope the neighbors don't get mad :cool:

honda400ex2003
02-23-2011, 05:18 PM
if you are worried about that you might as well take it off. I go through the same thing and sooner or later you will feel guilty enough to just take it off. I hate even having the possibly of annoying my neighbors with mine. they are good but im sure it has to get old listening to me ride every day all summer long haha. theres a reason i have a q4 now.

you can tune it though so that will be good. you can make it quieter by taking some plates out of it. this will also change the powerband of the exhaust. less plates= more back pressure and more low end. more plates= more top end less back pressure. just jet accordingly although it probably wont change it much it is still worth checking at the extremes of what plates you want to run.

steve ;)

Duf6
02-23-2011, 06:56 PM
I was going to ask if it was tunable, I thought all supertraps were.

bergoff
02-23-2011, 08:35 PM
yes they are I've ran several bikes with them. I ran 9 plates in my xr650. It was loud but I loved the power.

riotact
02-24-2011, 08:48 AM
Yes its tunable.I started out with 12 plates in it and then went down to 8 and it didnt change the sound any.