PDA

View Full Version : help with shocks and a-arms....

lp designz
02-22-2011, 11:45 AM
could some one tell me the length on let's say +2 a-arms??? i have these super wide arms on my quad that were custom built and i might swap them for some lagers or something and was wondering exactly how long they are??? also the front shocks i pulled off the quad are blown anywho i measured the shocks from eyelet to eyelet and got 15-3/4" is that a stock size or the long travel etc??? im gonna get them rebuilt but if i don't like them im gonna buy new ones just not sure what to get... i have a custom axis on the back and absolutely love it!!!! untill it blew also...:( the bike sat for along time so the seals were bad to begin with... the front's i was told by a couple people on here looked like works performance but i havent got a true definite answer...:(

lp designz
02-22-2011, 03:27 PM
man tough crowd lol.... no one????

Lasher
02-22-2011, 03:58 PM
I measured my TCS front shocks and got 16 1/4 inches. Those were built for +2 Laeger Arms. Don't know the a-arm measurements right off hand but they are both forsale...

www.lashermxracing.com/forsale

lp designz
02-22-2011, 06:04 PM
I measured my top a-arm like this and get 16-1/2" center to center of the eylet or 17.5" over all out side to outside... Is this a standard size or way to wide????
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p160/aliyasue/work/6610b328.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p160/aliyasue/work/78784c1b.jpg

JoePA
02-22-2011, 09:21 PM
You have to measure the lower control arm from the center of the mounting hole on the frame to the center of the lower ball joint.

stock arm is 13 3/4.
+2 arm is 15 3/4
+3 arm can be anywhere from 16 1/4 to 16 3/4

One thing that you should check for is where the shock mount is located. The shock mount should be 7 1/8 from center of the a-arm mounting hole to the center of the shock mount hole.

I'm going through this now with getting my shocks properly set-up and these were the measurements he wanted. From what I was told anything over 16 1/2 is getting out there for width and gets tricky for the valving. If the shock mount measures 7 1/8 center to center it will make it a little easier to set the valving up for that wide of an arm.

15 3/4 length shock is the proper length for Std travel shock.

lp designz
02-22-2011, 10:19 PM
Just measured the bottom and from center to center it's 18-1/2" wow!!! The shock mount is 10" on center from the hub side... Man I knew this thing was wicked wide lol!!! Doesn't seem to bad to ride in the desert but I don't know any thing different since it's my first quad.. I always had 2 wheels...

lp designz
02-22-2011, 10:23 PM
Oh yeah that puts me at 8" from the frame center to the shock mount center.. Hmmm wander if I should just look at getting some +2 arms or something... It is a little ridiculous I can't even get it on the side of my house... From outside to outside of my front tires is 54" lol

Lasher
02-22-2011, 10:32 PM
I measured my lower Laeger +2 arms and they are 15 3/4. Also the shock mount is 7 3/4 from the frame mount.

I also measured my kids Walsh arms. The lower arm is just over 18 inches. Those are made for the narrow Walsh CRF frame.

fearlessfred
02-23-2011, 08:03 PM
I think these arms were made by shop in arz. and were specific for desert racing ,i will ask my freind who owned a set, the name of the place.you could run your lower ball joints all the way in and run 4+1 offset wheels .maybe this wiil maybe get u down to 50 inchs wide. this will require resetting camber caster and toe in .i dont know what off set you have now.i ihave a set of 4+1 sitting that you could try to see what the difference is. i live in henderson ,so if you wanna try them im close. fred