PDA

View Full Version : pictures and update!

Wills77
02-21-2011, 08:19 PM
its kayla again..
sorry guys i tried putting some riding pics of cody up but cant figure out how.. never used this site before.. if anyone would like and wouldnt mind i could email some to you and you could put them up.. let me know please and leave an email address! thanks

Mini update!
Cody is still doing great. He is shocking the drs. Earlier he woke up from his drug induced coma so they uped his dosage but he woke up again. He is aware and alert and is really moving his arms around. He's just too cold and not comfortable to be awake so they changed his sedation medicine and put him back asleep but tonight he woke up again! He wants to be awake but the main thing is they want him to be comfortable. WE will see tomorrow if he can start to warm up, take the breathing tubes out, and really wake up! I told him about all the thoughts and wishes being sent our way and he just smiled huge!

99cr500
02-21-2011, 08:31 PM
Good news, thanks for the update.

Pappy
02-21-2011, 08:33 PM
Great to hear!

bkperformance@frontier.com I will gladly post them for you

Pappy
02-21-2011, 09:05 PM

Pappy
02-21-2011, 09:07 PM

Pappy
02-21-2011, 09:08 PM

Pappy
02-21-2011, 09:09 PM

blaster12s
02-21-2011, 09:10 PM
he is in my payers.

SRH
02-21-2011, 09:11 PM
:(

slightlybent47
02-21-2011, 10:39 PM
Sorry to here he got hurt. I don’t know him but I wish him well and pray for a speedy recovery.

JR3
02-22-2011, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by 99cr500
Good news, thanks for the update.

+1

NacsMXer
02-22-2011, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the update, it totally sucks hearing about accidents like this. My prayers go out to you guys ;)

Was he wearing any sort of neck brace when this happened?

SRH
02-22-2011, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by NacsMXer
Thanks for the update, it totally sucks hearing about accidents like this. My prayers go out to you guys ;)

Was he wearing any sort of neck brace when this happened?

from his pics he wasnt but you have to remember a leatt only helps, you compress your neck your going to be damaged brace or not, there is no way in mx you can compensate for neck length and still keep the movement needed to ride safe

Wills77
02-23-2011, 08:31 AM
Its Kayla again..
Thanks for all your prayers and kind wishes. Cody is doing great. They want to wake him up today, they started to slowly rewarm his body yesterday. He got xrays this morning and they want to do more this afternoon before they take out the breathing tubes and wake him up. He's on the right track and all of his vitals are good which is what they want. He woke up some this morning because he's fighting his medicine but now hes back asleep. He should be headed into rehab by Monday, which is fantastic! They still don't know if he has any feeling or movement below his waist until he wakes up. He is getting so much support and warm wishes and thoughts from everyone. I really appreciate it and so will Cody! When he is awake and comfortable i will be sure to tell him and show him once I can. He even got some gifts which is very thoughtful! Thank you all so much for being strong behind us and most importantly Cody!

Look for him back out on that bike one day! He can dream it, he will do it.

quad2xtreme
02-23-2011, 09:10 AM
Kayla,

Can you post the hospital, address, room #?

Thanks,

Jon

TheLane
02-23-2011, 09:16 AM
Please let us know as soon as you know his status once he wakes up!! I know its a last priority so whenever you get around to it. were all rooting for him!

Wills77
02-23-2011, 08:50 PM
he is in the hershey medical center not sure of the address, sorry.
room number 4122

things didn't go quite as planned today. He was awake but they didn't take the tubes out. They found mucus in his lungs and wanted to cure him of that first so that he was strong enough to be breathing alone. They put him back to sleep becuase he really does not like the breathing tubes he tries too hard to take them out and its just not comfortable. So they are aiming for tomorrow now to take the tubes out and wake him. Although hes on the tubes hes doing most of the breathing himself which is a plus! Lets just hope tomorrows the big day! I will try to let you know how he is then but i know when he's awake most of my time i will be with him!
thank you for all the views and comments!
Kayla.

fastredrider44
02-23-2011, 11:05 PM
Please remember to take the time to keep us updated. Prayers to him, you and his family.

duke721
02-24-2011, 07:30 AM
Thanks Kayla for the updates i hope everthing goes well, he will be in my prayers. Fight in there Cody.

Butter
02-24-2011, 09:59 PM
Hey, I was rushed to Hershey Medical when I snapped my arm and knocked out 4 teeth at Dutchman MX. Did emergency surgery on my wrist and arm. They were VERY good, and beings I work at a hospital in an operating room myself, I know what to look for. He is in very good hands there. Hoping for the best. Tell him the Englishtown starting crew is pulling for him. Helped him with his skid plate last D6 race there. Hope to see him sometime this year trackside!!

Wills77
02-25-2011, 09:07 AM
Well they did take the tubes out but had to put them back in cuz he wasnt breathing strong enough on his own and his cough wasn't strong enough. We're hoping now for today or tomorrow. He's in and out of sleep but its better when he does sleep becuase he can't stay comfortable awake.

Thank you, he absolutely loved Englishtown and always talked about going back! So we will be there again someday.

Thank you all for being so thoughtful and thinking of Cody!

- Kayla

TheLane
02-25-2011, 09:49 AM
Hang in there, it sounds like its getting frustrating but all will be well soon! Keep your chin up.

BoneStockHonda
02-25-2011, 11:06 PM
Praying for him :(

426kidz
02-25-2011, 11:10 PM
get better man!!!! everythin will be better soon! god bless:D :D :macho

chucked
02-28-2011, 11:33 AM
Any updates over the weekend?

Wills77
02-28-2011, 06:24 PM
Cody got his tubes out today! He's doing wonderful!!!! We are all so proud of him and amazed. He's back to himself, deffinitely still has his sense of humor! He's talking and cracking jokes and in such good spirits! He even said he has tingling on and off in his feet!!! What a huge step in one day. He is so strong and such a fighter, just goes to show nothing is holding him down! Thank you God for listening to everyones prayers, it really brought Cody far! Now only time will tell!

Kayla

chucked
02-28-2011, 06:35 PM
Thats awesome news!

quad2xtreme
02-28-2011, 06:40 PM
great news! MX riders are a strong bunch for sure!

duke721
02-28-2011, 07:02 PM
I dont know cody but being a fellow racer i had follow this story and i hope he can get threw this. Stay strong cody and my prayers be out to you and your family.

Duke.

chucked
02-28-2011, 07:09 PM
I saw the crash, I keep visualizing when his bike ran him over. Even though by then the damage had been done. It was such a slow crash, to think of how bad he was hurt.

ATVMX33
02-28-2011, 09:10 PM
great news! thanks for the update!
ill be in to visit him soon

AtvKid4Eva
03-02-2011, 10:28 AM
Get better man! You and your family are in my prayers!

KXRida
03-03-2011, 04:41 AM
glad to hear he's in good spirits. I was in harrisburg this past weekend but was unable to find the time to make it to hershey medical. I was actually at harrisburg hospital possibly job scouting.

01 400EXer
03-03-2011, 08:01 AM
That is wonderful news. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Get well soon.

chucked
03-08-2011, 04:00 PM
I just saw this on his face book posted by his girlfriend...

"You're amazing Cody! Never ever forget that! You got this babe just think of how far you've come already!! Feeling your feet and legs in certain spots and now moving your knees on your own that is truly amazing! Keep fighting babe, I have complete faith in you to recover to the extent that YOU one day hope to! I love you so much handsome ♥"

slightlybent47
03-08-2011, 04:30 PM
I feel like every rider is part of one big family and to here that you’re getting better and in good spirits is great news. I pray for a full recovery and wish you well Cody.