PDA

View Full Version : Endurance Training?

trailrider894
02-21-2011, 06:36 PM
hey guys, i am wondering if you could suggest a site that i can go to for some workouts for MX racing. I really can't afford a gym membership seeing that they are outragiously expensive here. I am looking for a workout routine that can be done anywhere with minimal equipment. Thanks guys!!

cdrookie
02-21-2011, 07:13 PM
run

trailrider894
02-21-2011, 07:15 PM
Thats all??? i've worked out for awhile, and running isn't the only answer... i am looking for people with knowledge to help.

honda400ex2003
02-21-2011, 07:17 PM
tell your gf to come over and try to lift her, by the sounds of it she will work good for a dumb bell.

--------------------------------------------

^^^^Theres the line, I may have just crossed it. HAHA

Alright sorry, J/K haha

back the serious business-

ride as much as you can, run, eat right, do some lifting of whatever you can find in the garage.

you probably have an axle and tires free, use those. bolt them all together and get nuts repetitions are key to building endurance.

steve

lasher45
02-21-2011, 08:13 PM
Get a weight vest and run if you already have a good endurance and are looking to improve. Eating right is also key, try to eat foods with complex carbs and not simple ones.

Scro
02-21-2011, 08:20 PM
Riding a bike or swimming is good cross-training, especially if you have bad knees.

trailrider894
02-21-2011, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Scro
Riding a bike or swimming is good cross-training, especially if you have bad knees.

Yeah... I've got bad knee's... kinda of a given for riding atv's.

trailrider894
02-21-2011, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by honda400ex2003
tell your gf to come over and try to lift her, by the sounds of it she will work good for a dumb bell.

--------------------------------------------

^^^^Theres the line, I may have just crossed it. HAHA

Alright sorry, J/K haha

back the serious business-

ride as much as you can, run, eat right, do some lifting of whatever you can find in the garage.

you probably have an axle and tires free, use those. bolt them all together and get nuts repetitions are key to building endurance.

steve

steve

Ha ha good stuff steve!! lol

honda400ex2003
02-21-2011, 08:43 PM
i figured you would like that, if not i got a good laugh out of it.

there are def some good suggestions in here!

steve

440racer66
02-21-2011, 08:43 PM

x2 i hate to run. but swimming works every muscle in the body. when i raced nats i would swim everyday that i wasnt riding. i find that it also helps with your breathing.

madskrillz2
02-21-2011, 08:58 PM
I just started riding a bike and it's a lot harder than I imagined it would be. I was worried it would be too easy. You can't replace seat time though.

honda400ex2003
02-21-2011, 09:00 PM
try to find some buddies to ride with on the track. that always seems to push me harder than any training could. it can be a fun game to try to get ahead of each other on the track while riding. it is hard to find others that will ride consistently though.

steve

finsteratv
02-21-2011, 09:09 PM
eat healthy
run (some kind of cardio)
can always do more manual labor or somthing??
lift weights
swim swim swim, when im on swimteam during the summer holy crap your whole body gets in good shape. im a skinny kid to start with.
also cycle if you want, i roadbike and when your doing near 40 miles on a bike up and down hills...its a work out
i love being in shape :muscle:

tjsdaname
02-21-2011, 09:12 PM
once the weather warms up a little and the snow melts I ride my mountain bike 10-15 miles everyday.

started out riding like a mile every day, and from there it seems like you add another 5 miles every week.

I got to the point last summer where I rode 420 miles in a week...

450Rfutureracer
02-22-2011, 12:32 PM
Also been looking for some information about training....

My plan lately has been:
1) 10min warm up on the spin bike
2) Various arm and chest cable machines for roughly 30 min
3) Ab machine and lower back strengthing
4) Run 2 miles with increasing speed as time goes on

Seem to help with my last indoor race which was over a month ago, but being away for college makes seat time hard to come by

trailrider894
02-22-2011, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by 450Rfutureracer
Also been looking for some information about training....

My plan lately has been:
1) 10min warm up on the spin bike
2) Various arm and chest cable machines for roughly 30 min
3) Ab machine and lower back strengthing
4) Run 2 miles with increasing speed as time goes on

Seem to help with my last indoor race which was over a month ago, but being away for college makes seat time hard to come by

I will give your workout deal a try...

I'll message you if i get another plan maybe you can try it out.

I am also in college, and i never get seat time. Not to mention i have no where to ride except some trails out back of my house.

Scro
02-22-2011, 01:13 PM
Don't forget about keeping your forearms and grip in shape during the off season, to help prevent armpump. The Dynaflex ball works amazingly well. http://www.dynaflexpro.com/

Or, you could just stock up on playboys.:p

trailrider894
02-22-2011, 01:35 PM
Or, you could just stock up on playboys.:p

Oh boy.......... :rolleyes: