PDA

View Full Version : Gold Rush on Discovery

bens250ex
02-21-2011, 06:24 PM
biggest bunch of dumb idiots i have ever seen. The show makes me mad when i watch it. The guys are just freakin morons. If i owned that land i would tell every one of them dumb asses to leave. Sorry had to vent what ya' ll think about em?

Pappy
02-21-2011, 06:27 PM
I would say its reality tv and so far from the real world it isnt funny:p

I still wonder how all these shows get around the EPA stuff, OSHA stuff etc. I geuss it is because its TV not the real business end of things.

Its entertaining, sure is nice to think one can go find riches, but I doubt they spent the kind of coin they did...im sure corperate sponsors handle the majority of "costs".

bens250ex
02-21-2011, 06:29 PM
Yea if it was true about them dumpin all there money in it then they are really going to put the family in a bad spot when they go back home...It just seems like non of the guys have any sense and they all just want to fight each other..

Pappy
02-21-2011, 06:32 PM
It would be pretty boring watching 6 guys who know what they are doing, do their job LOL!

trailrider894
02-21-2011, 06:33 PM
ha i was watching it when i read this. This show is retarted....

bad450r08
02-21-2011, 06:55 PM
Too much drama for me. All it is, is a bunch of old dudes fighting

ProspectorJim
02-21-2011, 06:56 PM
I love watching the show just to see how they can mess up everyweek. These guys have obviously not spent any time being around any type machinery bigger than a lawnmower. it's hilarious.

bad450r08
02-21-2011, 07:01 PM
Now swamp loggers is a good show

bens250ex
02-21-2011, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by bad450r08

true that

ZeroLogic
02-21-2011, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by bad450r08

Yes it is, I'd love to work for that guy.

But that show is just bs, no one in their right mind would put their families through that stuff.

EthansDad
02-21-2011, 07:29 PM
I too enjoyed watching them bumble there way through the basics. you drop $250k of your own money, and you don't even know if the stuff will work? warning!

What really kills me, this is "REALITY" TV, right, so it should reflect real life? right after the end of season one, when they found jack crap, and they all say "im going to loose my house because I'm broke and worked for free for 5 months" - right after that, they break to "check out highlights of season 2. Season 2?!! in reality, all these jokers would be homeless / broke and SOL, not coming back again for a second chance!!!

heck, I bet when the camera stops rolling, they all kick back and let the local help move the rocks. bunch of damn bad actors.

:mad:

bens250ex
02-21-2011, 07:40 PM
when i saw "season 2" all i could think is great there going to be another few months of these dumb asses doing the same thing . Oh well atleast i can just change the channel or get on the comp

CJM
02-21-2011, 08:05 PM
They didnt lose out, what your not hearing is how they got paid by discovery to do the show-thats why they supposedly dumped 250k into the mining.

I agree, swamp loggers is awesome!

wild250rman
02-21-2011, 08:32 PM
i liked Howe and Howe tech they were actually doing something for the good and they had true talent but discovery didn't keep them long. How far do you think OCC would have went if they stayed in seniors basement. I think Alaska is trying to sell property by getting people to think any idiot can come up there stake a little claim and become multi-millionaires. Would have been cheaper to hire a drilling company to test bore for samples than to spend all that money on a test pit to see if anything was in the ground. they either got lucky finding gold or testing was done by an engineering firm. like pappy said it would be an awful boring show if not for the idiots and not seeing what goes on behind the scenes.

440racer66
02-21-2011, 08:40 PM
i liked it for the first few shows then they got on my nerves.

i love swamp loggers. i thought it was funny when that guy from louisiana took his dog to the vet and they asked him what he fed his dog and then he looks at them and like. i dont feem em he hunts.

ZeroLogic
02-21-2011, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by 440racer66

i love swamp loggers. i thought it was funny when that guy from louisiana took his dog to the vet and they asked him what he fed his dog and then he looks at them and like. i dont feem em he hunts.

You are thinking of axe men.

440racer66
02-21-2011, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
You are thinking of axe men.

correct. haha theres too many loggin shows.

finsteratv
02-21-2011, 09:03 PM

haha i loved that part. my dad records and watches all the logging shows religiously being an ex/summer time logger.
"yeah he aint had none of his shots either,"
i have a feeling he isnt the only one down south who doesnt where shoes ;) :blah: jk

ben300
02-21-2011, 09:04 PM
correct. haha theres too many loggin shows.

never to many loggin shows

TCracin440ex
02-21-2011, 09:58 PM
i got so mad watching that show. im a heavy equipment operator and it drove me absoultely friggin crazy watchin these moron green horns who know nada bout operating equipment trying to work. i would have loved to been in their position up there digging for gold. these guys just make all equipment operators look like complete morons.

but i love the show axmen, swamp loggers all that stuff.

trailrider894
02-21-2011, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by TCracin440ex
i got so mad watching that show. im a heavy equipment operator and it drove me absoultely friggin crazy watchin these moron green horns who know nada bout operating equipment trying to work. i would have loved to been in their position up there digging for gold. these guys just make all equipment operators look like complete morons.

but i love the show axmen, swamp loggers all that stuff.

Yeah... i operated some heavy equipment one summer with a grading/landscaping company and i wanted to kill myself whatching their show. Especially the positioning of there 400 in that pit. There would be no way to expand that hole except to redo the WHOLE FREAKING THING!!!!

TCracin440ex
02-21-2011, 10:07 PM
exactly and that guy was undermining himself really bad. which is dangerous. they had a dozer, and another excavator they could have had all 3 machines working on making that hole bigger and safer then what it was.

trailrider894
02-21-2011, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by TCracin440ex
exactly and that guy was undermining himself really bad. which is dangerous. they had a dozer, and another excavator they could have had all 3 machines working on making that hole bigger and safer then what it was.

That 400 was gonna make a good casket for ole gramps..

TCracin440ex
02-21-2011, 10:17 PM
that guy was like some of the guys i used to work for. the "READY, FIRE, AIM" kind of guys. which means he gets out there and starts digging and moving dirt w/o a plan, then when shyt aint working out they are sitting back scratching their heads wondering why. there was alot of stuff that could have been done different.

the very first eppisode when i saw them walk that 400 across the river i knew nobody knew what they were doing. because mistake number one he had the bucket way up in the air walking it. and you always want to keep your bucket low to the ground while walking incase you start tipping you can put the bucket on the ground and catch yourself.

mistake number 2 they made was using that gator to spot and see how deep it was. that hoe has a good 25-30ft reach. he could have easily stopped and used the bucket to see how deep the water was.

mistake number 3 was chaining that gator up and walking with the boom stuck straight out. when you toat a load with a machine you pick your boom up and keep it close to the machine so the weight is placed on the tracks. but not so close that its going to swing arround and bust a window out. just close enough to keep the machine from tipping when going over an obsticle.

bens250ex
02-22-2011, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by finsteratv
haha i loved that part. my dad records and watches all the logging shows religiously being an ex/summer time logger.
"yeah he aint had none of his shots either,"
i have a feeling he isnt the only one down south who doesnt where shoes ;) :blah: jk

oh come on now i wear shoes lol atleast them northern girls go crazy over my accent:D

Wired
02-22-2011, 09:27 AM
GLORY HOLE!!! thats all i gotta say!!!

Nac's22
02-22-2011, 09:49 AM
Well if excavating gets any worse I'm gonna pack up my equipment and head to Alaska...... anyone want in? lol In all honesty though I'm extremely supprised that nobody got hurt with those idiots in the machines. I thought it was great when Dorsey swung into his car and the old man swung into his truck. Did anyone ever wonder why they bought the dump truck? Why not leave the loader at the shaker thing and take the rocks and have the 400 load the dump truck? Because of the size difference from the 400 to the 270, the 400 could load the truck way faster then the 270 could process the material. I guess I'm just overthinking it though, its only a tv show.

250x_kyle
02-22-2011, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by trailrider894
That 400 was gonna make a good casket for ole gramps..

no doubt. ive been around open pit mines for a few years now. my dads friends family owns one of the local mining companys. there little pit would have been thousands in fines if MSHA would have came in.

hondariderdylan
02-22-2011, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Wired
GLORY HOLE!!! thats all i gotta say!!!

lol that stuff makes me laugh everytime the old guy starts yelling about finding a glory hole.

atvracer190
02-22-2011, 02:54 PM
the "400 excavator" is the big joke going around work, we have a cat 315 at work and we constantly compare the two, it usually ends in "the 400 excavator can dig down an extra twenty feet compared to the previous equiptment used on the claim" which had to be said 5 million times throughout the duration of that show

HondaPohl
02-22-2011, 03:44 PM
That show is gay.