PDA

View Full Version : painting valve cover? or pc?

farmer250r
02-21-2011, 08:55 AM
whats the best way to paint the valve cover on my 450r.or should i powder coat it?

rollie
02-21-2011, 09:06 AM
im a firm believer in everything should be powdercoated but i got mine done then stripped out one of the holes on the bottom that holds in the plate so i got another one cheap, sanded it down, primed it and spray bombed it and it's been like that for 2 seasons now and it still looks really good, but dont expect it to match up perfect with your PC if you have any.

If you have the time and can wait for it to get PC'd i would go that route.

If your low on cash or running out of time to get it done like i was, painting it will work...i would say its the only part on the entire quad you can get away with spray painting haha

d3ktrix
02-21-2011, 03:55 PM
Spray paint holds up fine on the valve cover.
Did mine 2 years ago and its still looking good.

Just make sure u sand it and clean it good before you spray it.

Sjorge450R
02-22-2011, 08:47 AM
I cleaned my cover with Alcohol and then sprayed it with a few coats of high temp flat black. Its been like that since 06. Looks just like my Stealth Black PC from Pappy which the rest of my quad is done in/

AtvKid4Eva
02-24-2011, 10:56 AM
I cant imagine the valve cover itself sees that much heat. so some High temp paint should work just fine. Give it a try if it peels or flakes off then get it PC'd.