PDA

View Full Version : help again...

400EX_n_NC
02-15-2003, 03:38 PM
ok..ill try and give you all you need so hopefully someone can help. i had trouble starting so i got new jets. i installed the 42 pilot and a 150 main to start and it fixed the starting problem....but now it bogs down if i hammer the throttle. just moving it slowly i can rev it up all the way, or if i rev it a little first then i can hammer it...just not from idle. so i tried romoving the 150 and installed the stocker, but its still the same. i tried adjusting the pilot screw a little with no luck either. i got the clymer manual and went through the proper throttle play and all of that...no joy. i have a uni air filter with a modded lid and currently have a 42pj, 150mj installed, needle in stock position. elevation is about 200-300ft above sea level. HELP!! i need to ride tomorrow and she needs to run good...got raptors and z's goin with me and i dont want to hear it!! hahaha any help is appreciated!!

hawiianpwr
02-15-2003, 03:46 PM
Do you have exhaust? It could be your pilot. You you still have your #38? Try putting that back in. And make sure your filter is clean.

400EX_n_NC
02-15-2003, 03:59 PM
please dont say that!!! if i have the 38 in it doesnt start at all though. i have had that thing torn apart so many times i think im gonna scream if i just have to go back to square one! the filter is clean though. its a brand new uni.

JOEX
02-15-2003, 07:58 PM
What about your exhaust?
How is the lid modded?
New spark plug?
Fuel fresh?
Carb clean?
Just some suggestions to look into;)

Joe