PDA

View Full Version : New suspension opinions needed for my R

fastazzraptor
02-20-2011, 03:16 PM
Im going to be getting a new long travel front end set up for this year, im leaning towards the lonestar DC4's because i can get them fairly cheap, they are only +3/8in. wider, what do you guys think about these arms? im also considering houser arms but they are a lot more money, so i would rather go with LSR...im also probably going with Motowoz or fox shocks, tough decision, just let me know what you guys think, thanks

socal
02-21-2011, 02:46 PM
I have had both LSR arms and Houser.The Houser product and design is superior in my opinion.I now run Walsh which are pricey but a step above!As far as shocks,I love my Fox and my friend is dissapointed with his Motowoz on his LTR.Just my opinion!

fastazzraptor
02-21-2011, 03:27 PM
ok thanks for the input, why didnt your buddy like his motowoz?? ive heard so many good things about those shocks...

quadrider2112
02-23-2011, 05:39 PM
houser on the arms and PEP on the shocks

I gotta friend that said he wish he got motowoz instead of his fox shocks. It depends on the rider.

fastazzraptor
02-23-2011, 06:55 PM
well i would consider pep pb1's...but i dont wanna pay 2 grand for shocks lol...thats just rediculous

nkillian9
02-24-2011, 12:02 AM
its all matter of opinion wut works for one guy wont necessarily work for the next and that is where fox is on top of thier game so many adjustments can tune for about anything but if u dont know wut ur doing u can get them way out of wack believe me i know but honestly i wouldnt buy front shocks b4 the rear

tjsdaname
02-24-2011, 12:12 AM
im riding a honda. not a yamaha but, if I were you I would go with the motowoz shocks... I am running fox in the front and a motowoz rear and I wish I would have went with the motowoz fronts..

nkillian9
02-24-2011, 12:37 AM
plus the new motowoz in my opinion is by far the best looking shock on the market

fastazzraptor
02-24-2011, 05:08 PM
Anyone running the houser with ceeco brackets? Heard its a pretty good system, otherwize I can get lonestar's for 660, that's a lot cheaper than houser, so I'm tryin to figure out if houser's worth couple more hundred bucks or not..

socal
02-24-2011, 05:32 PM
I did suggest Houser,but put that few hundred bucks elswhere!The Lonestar arms are good,especially if you can get a good deal on them!For the most part,the difference in ride when it comes to a-arms is marginal,unless you are dealing with ones with fewer adjustments!Spend the extra few hundred bucks on something like the Precision handlebar clamps,they are incredible!For the same money,I would rather have the LSR arms and the clamps!!!

nkillian9
02-24-2011, 10:30 PM
so i take it u like the precision clamps i had wondered about tehm when i got my flexx bars just aint heard of anyone running them also wondered about the boysen shockout setup also i know im sold on my flexx bars im pretty sure its saved my wrist a few times

quadracer812
03-12-2011, 10:08 AM
I just got houser's and motowoz shocks. I have run a few differant shock companies and I love my motowoz shocks. I am still trying to get them set perfect but right out of the box they were awesome. suzie at motowoz is one of the most nicest people in the industry

440racer66
03-17-2011, 02:35 PM
ive had houser stuff and currently have a lsr yfz. i would go with wich one is the better deal. i cant tell much of a diff if any between the two. and i would get motowoz shocks if it were me. but i run axis shocks myself and love them