PDA

View Full Version : Motorama 2011 Harrisburg, PA

joelinz00
02-20-2011, 01:53 PM
This was my 2nd and last time going to Motorama. Paid $35 for me and my daughter to watch the mx/atv racing and either could not find a seat or had to sit so high up that the exhaust fumes were making my daughter sick. Found 2 seats down low, but as soon as i got back from taking my 7yr old to the restroom, my seats were gone! Even tho the event is billed as a total moto show w/ many other (non mx) attractions, the main reason spectators go is for the mx/atv racing. They grossly over sell the place and have nowhere near enough seating to accomodate all the mx fans. The arena track is also very small for bigger quads/bikes. Basically i paid $35 to walk around and view 5 rooms of things i have no interest in or stand in the entry way of the main arena to catch glimpses of the racing. Event organizers either need to sell separate tickets for the mx/atv racing in the large arena and have marked seats, do the racing on an alternate weekend or move to a bigger venue for the racing. I would have paid $35 or more to have my own seat in the arena for the entire day!!!!!!!!!

quad2xtreme
02-20-2011, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by joelinz00
This was my 2nd and last time going to Motorama. Paid $35 for me and my daughter to watch the mx/atv racing and either could not find a seat or had to sit so high up that the exhaust fumes were making my daughter sick. Found 2 seats down low, but as soon as i got back from taking my 7yr old to the restroom, my seats were gone! Even tho the event is billed as a total moto show w/ many other (non mx) attractions, the main reason spectators go is for the mx/atv racing. They grossly over sell the place and have nowhere near enough seating to accomodate all the mx fans. The arena track is also very small for bigger quads/bikes. Basically i paid $35 to walk around and view 5 rooms of things i have no interest in or stand in the entry way of the main arena to catch glimpses of the racing. Event organizers either need to sell separate tickets for the mx/atv racing in the large arena and have marked seats, do the racing on an alternate weekend or move to a bigger venue for the racing. I would have paid $35 or more to have my own seat in the arena for the entire day!!!!!!!!!

wow, I almost flew in from Raleigh. Didn't realize it was first come first serve, finders keepers losers weepers seating.

raptor660r70
02-20-2011, 04:41 PM
i learned from years ago that if you want to go to motorama you either go way early and sit there all day ( like i did ) or you have friends that go early and they save seats. this was probably the worst as far as people and space goes. i remember back in the day when motorama was new it was just an areanacross event with a small speed show on the side. i am glad to see it has expanded but wake up promoters you have now made it way to large for the building. like the above post states, sell separate tickets to each event.

chucked
02-20-2011, 04:41 PM
You know what pissed me off was how people saved rows and rows of seats, and I never did see them sitting there. I also saw lots of people that I know could care less about arena cross, no idea why they were in there.

feuerstack411
02-20-2011, 04:49 PM
I went there last year, never will go again.

jrspawn
02-20-2011, 04:56 PM
I didnt go this year, i can honestly say i dont miss anything!

Every year i end up getting sick after going there, only thing i can think of is from all the fumes in the freakin place. The arenacross is one thing, the RC room is even worse! I dont see how they can allow it honestly.

And like others have posted, the seating is a joke! The last year i went eveyone had seats marked taken all over the place, even complete rows/sections. Then they announced that you can not do that. Well, people started sitting in any open seats, and then of coarse everyone that tried blocking off the seats were throwing hissy fits.

My buddies went up this weekend and said its the worse its ever been as far as no seating and shoulder to shoulder people.

raptor660r70
02-20-2011, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by chucked
You know what pissed me off was how people saved rows and rows of seats, and I never did see them sitting there. I also saw lots of people that I know could care less about arena cross, no idea why they were in there.
yep i seen that too and thought it was bull.

joelinz00
02-20-2011, 05:40 PM
Glad to see that my experiences in '10 and '11 weren't just my issues! I am gonna get in contact w/ the Hostetter family (promoters) and relay the frustrations felt by alot of mx/atv fans on Motorama weekend. Good news is, AMA Motocross will have 2 PA dates, 1 NY date and 1 MD date this spring/summer and AMA ATV Motocross will have 1 MD date and 2 PA dates!!!!!!!!

quad2xtreme
02-20-2011, 05:45 PM
I'd think the current arrangement is just asking for fights in the stands.

Good to know all this. I will never plan a trip now.

feuerstack411
02-20-2011, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
I'd think the current arrangement is just asking for fights in the stands.

Good to know all this. I will never plan a trip now.

I honestly don't think it's worth to fly up from NC.

dan harris
02-21-2011, 08:54 AM
If your just going for the day and wanna watch the racing - Sunday is always way less crowded ! I was there this sunday and the arena wasn't even half full.

I disagree and like the open seating - Don't agree with people trying to save seats. Not sure I'd pay for a seat and have to sit in the same spot all weekend. I enjoy walking around and seeing everything then sitting at different spots.

yea the fumes suck, the track is small and it gets way crowded, but tell me where else in the North East in Mid February can you gather with 10,000 other moto enthusiast in an indoor atmosphere - get a chance to race - spectate and catch up with friends you haven't seen since the past year ????

For this Motorama is a great event That I look forward to every year !!! Congradulations to all the riders that participated.

joelinz00
02-22-2011, 06:47 PM
Good points Dan! Can't wait for Breezewood to open this season!!!