View Full Version : please check out these photos

Grande Huevos
02-20-2011, 07:30 AM
ok so i took my old top end off the other day and there r a couple things that caught my attention and would like some input. 1st on both sides of the case it looks as if its been ground on almost like maybe sombody took a dremel or somthin to it?? is there any reasonible explanation for why sombody might do this??? 2nd on the flywheel side of the case there r 2 spots that have small buldges which i would assume some jacka** tried pushing the side cover bolts to far in or had the wrong length!! there are not any cracks on them so i think it should b ok????? opinions??? then 3rd of all on the rod its self which u cannot see in the pics but on 1 side it appears to have about a 1in section that has been grinded or shaved just a cu*t hair and actually looks like maybe it should b there for whatever reason, but i personally have never seen this! when i rub my finger across it it is pretty smooth tranaction from the part not grinded??? is this some sort of damage or whats going on?????? here is the link

http://s1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd493/jakes2c/my%20330R%20build/

Fear250r
02-20-2011, 09:44 AM
Pics are kind of small, but are you referring to the cases being made to fit your 330 skirt?

woodsracer144
02-20-2011, 10:54 AM
them marks on the one case are from the factory, it for the bolts so they have enough room to have threads for a bolt.

the dremal marks im sure from someone trying to round that edge down on the case cause the 330 cyl is much larger than a oe cylinder.

Grande Huevos
02-20-2011, 01:25 PM
well the motor was just a oem 265 and i purchased a bolt on 330 and when i removed the 265 cylinder that is what was there. i have not put the 330 on yet. but even if they tried trenching it to except the bg bores wouldnt that be in the front and back of the case not on the sides? and the "bulges" r normal not a fu*k up??

wilkin250r
02-20-2011, 02:27 PM
The dremel marks might be matching the side of the cases to the bottom of the cylinder and ports, to reduce turbulence in that area and get better airflow up through the intake ports.

woodsracer144
02-20-2011, 04:18 PM
Those bluges are factory, its extra material for the bolts to thread in to, and like walkin said about port flow

Grande Huevos
02-20-2011, 06:15 PM
ok well i feel a little better now hearing that. thanks guys

woodsracer144
02-20-2011, 07:12 PM
Do you know what year those cases are? I can't look at the picks now, I'm at work on my phone on break

C-LEIGH RACING
02-21-2011, 08:23 AM
Yeah, you doing ok, nothing wrong with those cases, just cleaned up at the edge so they will match up with the cylinder base.

They dont look like they have been cut for a 330 sleeve skirt though, just to thick looking.
Neil

Grande Huevos
02-21-2011, 03:16 PM
yeah i just wanted to make sure it wasnt anything to worry about cuz iv ran into some other issues w the bike which is prt of the reason for the ground up rebuild. its kinda scary and sad when u see the way some people ni**er rig there bikes!!! i bought the bolt on 330 so i dont have to get my cases machined so i think im good now