PDA

View Full Version : tell me about your intake cam

bigbad400
02-20-2011, 06:25 AM
ii want to buy an intake cam to spice up the ltr a little and ill be buying a fuel controller at the same time. i made another post but aparently i asked the wrong question....

what im looking for is you to give me a little personal review on your intake cam and were you felt the power the most.
what brand, what stage, any little side notes on installing or things i should be aware of with each cam.

i have read every thing about them off the websites, i just want a personal seat of the pants opinion on things. because well lets face it you can make claims in one hand and **** in the other and witch one do u thinks gonna fill up quicker?

:rolleyes:

thanks guys any review is appreciated.

blholtz
02-20-2011, 07:38 AM
I have yosh first generation race cams in a 06 LTR and thought they were good.

I then took the advice of Kyle that used to work at Cernics and bought a ATP Intake cam for my 08 Ltr.

Other than the cams the motors are identical in the parts that I have put into them. By far the ATP cam is hands down better that I could have ever expected.

Its a simple drop in install, as long as you are able to do a top end your set.

The only thing about the came is dealing with ATP themselves. I don't have much luck with customer service with them, but it might be just me. Good luck.

bigbad400
02-20-2011, 09:17 AM
great thank you. anyone have hotcams or any other brand to comment on?

sounds like yoshi cam is outa the question. lol

bigbad400
02-20-2011, 10:24 AM
atps website? cant find any atp products or atp racing or atp anything that sells a cam for the ltr...

Limited Z_400
02-20-2011, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by bigbad400
great thank you. anyone have hotcams or any other brand to comment on?

sounds like yoshi cam is outa the question. lol
We have built 4-5 LTRs with Hot Cams and the riders like the power and price.The power increase is not huge but decent.But most important is a good fuel controller that is set properly. We have tried enviro-tune by Techlusion but had a few issues. We replaced them with Dyna Tek FI controllers and so far they are working well. Calibration is easy and throttle response is crisp.

blholtz
02-20-2011, 07:13 PM
Facebook ATP racing engines and you should be able to find them.

bigbad400
02-20-2011, 07:30 PM
thank you sir

blholtz
02-20-2011, 07:31 PM
You are welcome. Now I hope you have better luck with their customer service.

bigbad400
02-20-2011, 07:45 PM
that bad?

panici33
02-20-2011, 07:54 PM
Just installed Hotcam and I am happy with the results; it gets to the top a little quicker than before and can definitely feel a difference. As for the fuel controller, I wouldn't buy anything other than a PC5. I have the PC5 with autotune and it works fantastic. I had a Motorworks fuel controller which is similar to a lot of the other ones out there. I get a better AFR and my throttle response is ten times better with the PC5

What to look for?...Timing is everything; you must make sure your timing is correct when you put er all together.

blholtz
02-20-2011, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by bigbad400
that bad?

They can be. and they were with me. But I expect to get a legitimate answer on when my parts will arrive before I give them a few hundred dollars. Oh and they will want your stock cam for the core. They will want you to send it to them before they send you their cam. Which is reasonable. But if I am sending my parts to them making my machine inoperable until I get the parts back form them I expect an answer as to when I will get those parts. Maybe I just expect to much.

If they have the part on the shelf all the better. Every time I have dealt with them they were out of stock.

The short of it is the cam was worth the headache, IMO. But if you are in a hurry it will drive you nuts.

As for fuel controller PC5 is the way to go now. But if you have stock piston and Cherry bomb you should be good with out it.

09RappySe
02-20-2011, 08:30 PM
Another vote for the ATP cam.....although they sent me the cam first and I returned the stocker.

bigbad400
02-20-2011, 09:02 PM
ok thanks guys. ill be going with atps cam for sure. hopefully they wont screw me around... and no i dont think thats askign too much with your money and your cam out there. leaving you totally f@%% if something happens

q.racer17
04-20-2011, 06:22 AM
we have had good luck and horsepower gain with web cams. the reason atp wants your stock cams is that all atp cams are is a regrind of stock cams.