PDA

View Full Version : CDI box

300extreme#8
02-15-2003, 02:21 PM
what does a cdi box do? does a aftermarket cdi box even help the 4wheeler at all.

phatswinn
02-16-2003, 11:12 AM
the cdi is the computer that puts the electric into the spark plug to make it spark at the right time, aftermarket ones only riase the rev limiter

terko440
02-16-2003, 12:54 PM
Yep bumps the rev limiter up a 1,000 rpm and isnt always necessary if your doing more of a midrange type of power setup. And I as many others can tell you that in the cold weather they cause the bike to not start unless the battery is fully charged. But I kept my stock one so I would just swap them for a while until the bike warms up. I have a CT midrange kit on mine and only got the new CDI because they seemed to recomend it but I personally cant really tell. But then again I really have'nt rompt on it with the stock one to see if the bike wanted to cut out at all. But all said and done it is definitely something you could buy last if you were bored or had extra money to spend.

nick23
02-16-2003, 02:01 PM
you can buy modified ones and even no-rev ones like i run...i run a baldwin no-rev box