PDA

View Full Version : what fuels??

desratt
02-18-2011, 04:12 PM
curious on what fuels and oil mixing ratio's most are doing on a stock drr 50??

any one doing the U2 or u4 ones?

Logan #34's Dad
02-18-2011, 04:39 PM
If it is stock, you'd be waisting your money on high dollar fuel in my opinion. Throw some mid grade pump gas and have at it. Amsoil Dominator if your premixing.

desratt
02-18-2011, 04:56 PM
i've always used pump gas and the recomended 32:1 just curious what others are doing.

Logan #34's Dad
02-18-2011, 06:17 PM
We use Amsoil Dominator 50:1

ToddL
02-18-2011, 07:42 PM
Amsoil dominator for us too - our engine guy says everything looks like new every rebuild and we never run anything but amsoil. great product in our book.

machwon
02-18-2011, 08:49 PM
u4.4 has consistently shown slight gains from what I've seen over reg race gas and high comp. It might not win you races but it will give you that slight edge over race gas.

dgmiller
02-19-2011, 07:11 AM
i was wondering the same thing. :confused: when i bought my sons drr the previous owner said he mixed fuel half pump gas half 110 and mixed 32:1 with klotz oil. does everyone agree with that?

selbygirl
02-19-2011, 06:00 PM
when we had our stock 50 high test pummp 32.1 lukas oil but now our motors are high compress soo we run 100 octain 32;1 and i dont keep the mixed gas longer then a week some say the gas breaks the oil down why take a chance throw the old gas in a lawnmower and some say to high of a octain will make you lose a little power in stock motors and the pump around wher we live has %10 bean or corn in it and can get gummy in if in tank for a while messes with your reeds my sons one bike this spring will bee 2 years raced one full season and now its a practice play bike never changed the piston ring still strong compreaion

EthansDad
02-19-2011, 07:26 PM
If you haven't ported the cylinder or messed with the compression, high oct gas is a waste of money. you need to design the motor for using higher oct by bringing the compression up a bit. with the lower cc bikes, they don't like very high compression, so it really is a toss up on high oct fuels.

I think the u4.4 is a 93 oct, just a more pure fuel if I am not mistaken. that might help things run cooler and cleaner, and also give you 1/2 to 1 bike length advantage in a holeshot, which is good for stock. we've also tried the oxygenated fuels from VP. they do give a good performance kick, but are maintenance pains (got to drain the carb every run, fuel goes bad quick) and it stinks real bad. my wife actually vetoed the oxygenated fuels because it stunk up our garage. the oxygenated fuels are also very expensive at over $100 for 5 gal, and you can't cut it with non-oxygenated fuels either. just another reason we don't like it.

Also on the stock 50, you can't pre-mix, must use the injector. we still use amsoil dominator, but the mixing is done for us at something like 16:1. that is why the holeshot on a stock class looks like a james bond smoke screen.

-EA

don bassani
02-20-2011, 06:08 AM
Pump gas would be fine if it did not contain ethanol.Power mist 95 is what I like,it is consistent.
Dominator at 50 to 1

fastrnrik
02-20-2011, 06:32 AM
U4.4 is 103 Octane.

We also use Amsoil Dominator at 50:1

desratt
02-20-2011, 04:54 PM
u4.4 is oxygenated.
that was basically my question. is do people use the oxygenated fuels on low compression. and what mix ratios.
and our 50 came with out the injection system.

machwon
02-20-2011, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by desratt
u4.4 is oxygenated.
that was basically my question. is do people use the oxygenated fuels on low compression. and what mix ratios.
and our 50 came with out the injection system.

Yes, guys run it all the time. Oil ratio will affect jetting slightly so pick a number and run with it. 32, 40 or 50:1 is fine with good oil. The u4.4 at 103 is motor octane, so we use it in place of 110 octane from a pump which is calculated (Resarch+Motor)/2 if I remember correctly. So don't let the 103 fool you, it's good for high compression.

desratt
02-20-2011, 05:52 PM
we are at stock compression.

like I said we run 32:1 with pump gas and always are the one putting on the smoke screen and laying an oil sheen on the track.

EthansDad
02-20-2011, 06:40 PM
ah, I mixed up my VP fuels. yes, you can run the oxygenated on stock compression and you will see some gains. remember to go up on your pilot by at least 10-15 points to start with, then come down as needed. since the fuel has oxygen in it, it will burn leaner (why you need to add more fuel with bigger jet). if you don't, you could burn your motor out quickly.

drt18
02-21-2011, 10:09 AM
WHAT ABOUT ADDITIVES?

EthansDad
02-21-2011, 10:44 AM
we only put additives in our competitors fuel. our favorites are sand, Gatorade, and my fav, tee tee.

:devil:

Just kidding! we don't run any additives in ours, or anyone else's fuel!

-EA

nastynotchback1
02-21-2011, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by EthansDad
we only put additives in our competitors fuel. our favorites are sand, Gatorade, and my fav, tee tee.

:devil:

Just kidding! we don't run any additives in ours, or anyone else's fuel!

-EA

LOL YOU AIN'T RIGHT.NOW I KNOW WHY I GET ALONG WITH YOU:D

Ride4ACure
02-22-2011, 06:08 AM
Just got a visual on the additive process....and your correct

He aint right

and FYI our stock compression 50 runs great on BP 93 and of course dominator at 40:1

Ride4ACure
02-22-2011, 06:10 AM
Nothing wrong with laying down a smoke screen as long as your in front :D

Ride4ACure
02-22-2011, 06:15 AM
Just got a visual on the additive process....and your correct

He aint right

and FYI our stock compression 50 runs great on BP 93 and of course dominator at 40:1

bignasty
02-22-2011, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by EthansDad
If you haven't ported the cylinder or messed with the compression, high oct gas is a waste of money. you need to design the motor for using higher oct by bringing the compression up a bit. with the lower cc bikes, they don't like very high compression, so it really is a toss up on high oct fuels.

I think the u4.4 is a 93 oct, just a more pure fuel if I am not mistaken. that might help things run cooler and cleaner, and also give you 1/2 to 1 bike length advantage in a holeshot, which is good for stock. we've also tried the oxygenated fuels from VP. they do give a good performance kick, but are maintenance pains (got to drain the carb every run, fuel goes bad quick) and it stinks real bad. my wife actually vetoed the oxygenated fuels because it stunk up our garage. the oxygenated fuels are also very expensive at over $100 for 5 gal, and you can't cut it with non-oxygenated fuels either. just another reason we don't like it.

Also on the stock 50, you can't pre-mix, must use the injector. we still use amsoil dominator, but the mixing is done for us at something like 16:1. that is why the holeshot on a stock class looks like a james bond smoke screen.

-EA

How is it you cant cut it with non-oxygenated fuel? Where did you get your info from???? Kinda curious???:rolleyes:

EthansDad
02-22-2011, 08:29 PM
Hey Nasty,

I got that from a reputable motor builder who also owns a gas station. seem to recall him saying the reason was the oxygen is infused into the fuel chemically and by mixing the two types, it messed with the stability of the infused oxygen to stay in the mix - --or something like that. I just remember he said NO-NO. searching around on the I-net, I can see some folks say you can, others say you can''t---maybe a fuel expert will chime in and enlighten us.

-EA

Ryki3r
02-22-2011, 08:52 PM
"U4.4 is ideal for engines with 10:1 to 13.5:1 compression," Burns continued, "and with its Motor Octane of 103 and oxygenation, it provides excellent detonation protection." U4.4 is designed for all 4-stroke applications, and because of its higher octane rating, it's appropriate for all 2-stroke applications as well. U4.4 passes AMA Pro/Am fuel rules and is perfect for CCS, WERA, AFM, NMA, WORCS, SCORE, Best in the Desert, club level racing and more.

http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/New-VP-U4-4-Fuel,821410

bignasty
02-23-2011, 06:03 AM
Sent an email to VP. I'll let u guys know if they respond. Haven't grid the u4.4, but c12 works good.

EthansDad
02-23-2011, 06:26 AM
yea, let us know. we ran the MRX01 fuel from VP that is oxygenated. again, it ran good and could see performance gains, but was expensive - want to say I paid $125 for 5 gal, and asked about cutting it with pump to save some $$ and was told no from two different VP dealers. Also seems like since you have to come up on jetting, it went through fuel quickly and 5 gal was only lasting me a month or less of riding. C12 is something like $60-70 for 5gal, and since it can be cut 50/50 with pump, I get 10 gal for $60 which we can run for a couple of months on.

If this newer U4.4 is about the same as the MRX01 but is cheaper, or can be cut with pump gas, it might be worth testing.

-EA

desratt
02-23-2011, 07:20 AM
yea I e-mailed vp bout 2 weeks ago.

xtremeatv
02-23-2011, 08:55 AM
Im pretty sure you wouldnt want to cut ANY oxygenated fuel with pump gas. That would kind of defeat the point of it. If you could and did you would pretty much give up most of the performance gains you would get out of it being oxygenated.

nastynotchback1
02-23-2011, 01:58 PM
i run vp110.cost me 35.00 per 5 gal.can't really see the need for 112.Why do you run 112?

desratt
02-24-2011, 09:37 AM
since you usually have to change jetting for oxygentated fuels then you need to be consistent in what you do.