PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust fluid?

BenHonda400ex
02-18-2011, 01:19 PM
Well today I was just being stupid and started up my Four-Wheeler and well after a couple of revs the carb I think kept on making like a sucking in noise and I looked at the Exhaust where the mid pipe meets the silencer and it was smoking and I looked underneath it, and there was this black fluid.. It had done this to me before so I loosened up the silencer and shooved it forward and for some reason it went forward.. Do you guys might know what it is? Would it be because I messed with a Air/Fuel screw, I had my Four-Wheeler apart because of a headon collison with a Brute Force and so I thought I might as well mess with the Air/ Fuel screw because it had been running lean. All I did was turn the Air/Fuel screw 1 time.. Any suggestion on what the liquid would be? Sorry for the big post

matts27
02-18-2011, 03:31 PM
Condensation, meaning water from the changing temps. What's your plug look like? Black is too rich. What it look like before you cranked the fuel screw?

BenHonda400ex
02-18-2011, 04:56 PM
See that's the problem I didn't about checking it.. It's running I don't know why it wasn't firing I put it on reserve and she fired right up... Yeah and the fluid stopped for some reason maybe because it had been about 3 weeks ago since it's been started or something.. Yeah but now I have to change out handlebars. Yay! :ermm:

tri5ron
02-18-2011, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by BenHonda400ex
See that's the problem I didn't about checking it.. It's running I don't know why it wasn't firing I put it on reserve and she fired right up... Yeah and the fluid stopped for some reason maybe because it had been about 3 weeks ago since it's been started or something.. Yeah but now I have to change out handlebars. Yay! :ermm: is your handlebar fluid OK ? it should be pink, not black like exhaust fluid. btw, black exhaust fluid is an indicator that your headlight fluid is too rich, and should be adjusted soon before your headlights start becoming squared off.
Fresh exhaust fluid should be a nice shade of Cobalt Blue.

BenHonda400ex
02-19-2011, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by tri5ron
is your handlebar fluid OK ? it should be pink, not black like exhaust fluid. btw, black exhaust fluid is an indicator that your headlight fluid is too rich, and should be adjusted soon before your headlights start becoming squared off.
Fresh exhaust fluid should be a nice shade of Cobalt Blue. No, noo! There is no brake fluid I'm talking about when I got in the wreck I guess my legs hit so hard they bent on the left side. Haha sorry for misleading you

jesshamner
02-20-2011, 01:28 AM
is your handlebar fluid OK ? it should be pink, not black like exhaust fluid. btw, black exhaust fluid is an indicator that your headlight fluid is too rich, and should be adjusted soon before your headlights start becoming squared off.
Fresh exhaust fluid should be a nice shade of Cobalt Blue.

I disagree. I think its the muffler bearing lube leaking off. He he needs to make sure the seal is tight and that there is a green powerband installed to hold the muffler bearings and seal in place.

arsenal35
02-20-2011, 07:47 AM
sounds like the seal around the up hill kick down lever must be bad. When it goes bad it leaks halogen fluid in to the exhaust.

duroc825
02-20-2011, 04:44 PM
Wow! And I thought I new so much about my EX! You guys must be talking about the newer model EX's with the turbo fluid exchanger now located under the high cushion seals between the sand flattener and baffle. :D

jesshamner
02-20-2011, 05:01 PM
No. Its the older style where the turbo fluid exchanger is near the kick starter diaphram.

BenHonda400ex
02-20-2011, 08:25 PM
What are you guys talking about !?!?!:confused:

tri5ron
02-20-2011, 08:36 PM
Best way to catch a fish is when they swallow the entire Hook, Line, and Sinker...

http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1

duroc825
02-20-2011, 08:40 PM
http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1
Found the answer to his leaking muffler fluid but nothing about a-arms! :D :confused: