PDA

View Full Version : Now what? smh

GMC400ex
02-18-2011, 09:33 AM
so i putting four wheeler back together everything going fine..i ordered a lock nut, outter nut and thread sleeve for the rear end after having to cut it off when taking it apart to replace bearings
i ordered the nuts and sleeve off a place local that has junk four wheelers and i have order parts from them before and everything good.
well when putting the jam nut and sleeve on they slid on just fine no problem BUT...the outter nut will not slide over the axle right before where the snap ring goes..im so confused this does not make sense..
did the junk yard send me the wrong set? everything else fit but i can not get that outter nut to go over..it fits on the threaded sleeve just fine.
is there a certain year or maybe 450r where the axle at this area is narrower and i just got wrong outter lock nut?
any help would be appreciated..i have NEVER ran into so many problems and this my own four wheeler. i have installed bearings for other ppl and never had so many problems..im embarrased to even post haha
sorry for the rant just confused/aggrevated haha
thanks in advance

GMC400ex
02-18-2011, 04:46 PM
Called they pretty much have no idea

GMC400ex
02-18-2011, 04:50 PM
*called Honda