PDA

View Full Version : atv 4play long travel

procraft7399
02-18-2011, 09:22 AM
I have just installed my 4play LT with 15in elka's, after I went to the atv 4play web site they say you have to use there stem and stem relocater or tie rods will/may bind. Do I have to??? I hate to bolt it all back up just to have to tear it back down, ice is off the lake now and I've missed my boat.

Thanks!!

Logan #34's Dad
02-18-2011, 01:28 PM
You can run it the way you have it. BUT the reason Fourplay recommends the stem and/or tierods is because the stock set up with the Fourplay a-arms do not allow the tires to travel correctly. You'll notice that when the quad is in the air or compressed to the ground the tires will not remain straight or level. The Caster/Camber and Toe are affected.

JIM GRACE
02-18-2011, 02:34 PM
who ever sold you the setup should have told you need the lt stem and tierods. the relocator is optional but i highly recommend
for any mini quad. good luck with the set up.

oh ya, a friend of mine was convinced you didnt need the lt stem until his stock stem snapped at the flag. he was in first place too,:mad:

procraft7399
02-18-2011, 05:15 PM
I bought the a-arms and the stem on this fourm, and the stem was billed out as atv 4play, but it doesn't look any different than the one I have. Any clues, or hint's to tell? It doesnt have any marking on it at all.

JIM GRACE
02-18-2011, 05:32 PM
If it looks like your stock stem it's not an atv4play.
The tie rod holes in the flag are angled to allow for full extension. Not flat like a stock stem

procraft7399
02-19-2011, 03:51 AM
Well, it's an atv 4play stem b/c the holes are angled. I will install it this afternoon after we get back from fishing. Thank you both very much for your help.

JIM GRACE
02-19-2011, 07:37 AM
Anytime,