PDA

View Full Version : First attempt with my new GOPRO. Tips??

gncc025
02-17-2011, 09:39 PM
Heres my first quick video i made messing around on some trails. These things are amazing for the money. If any of you guys have experience with these some tips would be nice :)

I know the music was probably a bad decision. I will probably leave the sound alone next time. :o

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IZqsCwLna40" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

finsteratv
02-17-2011, 10:55 PM
looks good, i like how you have it set at a good angle. always makes me mad when i go to watch a video and its pointed right at the front wheels..KEEP YOUR HEAD UP WHEN YOU RIDE AND CAMERAS. which you did good at.

slightlybent47
02-17-2011, 11:29 PM
I agree with the angle, it looks good, The music is fine but try to give it more balance between the music and the sound on the video. I want to here the quad with a little music playing the back ground.

slightlybent47
02-17-2011, 11:36 PM
And by the way, it looked like you were have too much fun.lol

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
02-18-2011, 01:57 AM
Angle is perfect. I dunno how you guys ride in that ****. I tried it once around here and I didn't like it at all. lol. I'll take the dunes or a track.

lasher45
02-18-2011, 08:12 AM
I can't see the video due the filters at school. But I have alot of experience with the camera and use it almost everyday. I've been using the picture mode more as of late due to the camera's poor quality in low light conditions since I film at the ski mountain. However it's lots of trial and error to get the angle right for the camera on your helmet. It took me maybe an hour to get mine dialed down and about 4 times of going in the house the watch the 2 minutes of me riding around the yard.

Just be careful in low light as the camera needs lots of it to look good, natural light looks the best. While taking pictures try to get as much light as possible or the images can come out blurry with even the slightest movement.

A little tip is use the tripple-shot mode whenever taking pictures. As long as you have a big memory card (I use 16gb kingston) then you will have no problem with using up memory in photo mode and even video mode. Never use photo every 1 second mode, which is in the new update, unless the camera is perfectly still. 2 or 30 second mode's are your best bet if you want to take pictures while on your helmet or while holding it if you don't want to press the shutter button everytime you want a shot.

Use the non-waterproof backing whenver your not in a wet enviroment for the best sound, the difference is phenominal when trying to listen to speech or other low decibal level sounds. Even when skiing which I've been using it alot for lately, you can still use the non-waterproof as long as there is not alot of fine powder. If it's packed snow just try not to fall on it and you should be fine.

Any other questions feel free to PM or add me on facebook.

witech
02-18-2011, 01:39 PM
I personally prefer to hear the quad while watching videos. It adds to the experience of speed and power being applied.
Also you can experiment with different camara mounts instead of just the helmet. The suction cup mount works pretty good on the plastic. You can face it backwards to video the roost and rocks flying.

goldfish
02-18-2011, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by lasher45

Use the non-waterproof backing whenver your not in a wet enviroment for the best sound, the difference is phenominal when trying to listen to speech or other low decibal level sounds. Even when skiing which I've been using it alot for lately, you can still use the non-waterproof as long as there is not alot of fine powder. If it's packed snow just try not to fall on it and you should be fine.

This is the best tip I can give someone with a gopro. Remove the weatherproof strip and turn the sound to low. Will give you much better sound quality..

If you are interested in the difference check out these videos from mine..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_PA44tACFc

-It's all stock 400ex with the weatherproof seal IN and sound on LOW. Can't hear anything..have to turn speakers all the way up to hear anything at all.

now watch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSQyQMjAOI0

-That is all stock 400ex with weather seal OUT and sound on LOW

You do get some wind noise, but can also hear the bikes..even more so the exhaust of the other bike

now watch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w6cBtuU3N0

- same bike, aftermarket exhaust. Sounds great

gncc025
02-18-2011, 11:04 PM
Thanks for the tips. Im going to make another one this weekend without the waterproof cover and leave the music off. Probably what i should have done to begin with. I would put a little background music with the engine noise but i dont know how.

Originally posted by slightlybent47
And by the way, it looked like you were have too much fun.lol

guilty...lol :devil:

"I dunno how you guys ride in that ****. I tried it once around here and I didn't like it at all. lol. I'll take the dunes or a track."

Try it a few more times. It will grow on ya lol. I would love to make a trip to the dunes, just havent made it yet.:(

kfx400rider03
02-19-2011, 05:46 AM
what go pro is this?

jesshamner
02-19-2011, 06:35 AM
The angle is pretty good but I would tilt it up just a little so we can see a little further out in front. Its good to keep your helmet and the quad in the frame as a point of reference.

I personally like the camera mounted on the side of the helmet. It allows for the angle that I'm talking about while still keeping the front of the quad in the vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixb37iKsVyw

gncc025
02-19-2011, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by kfx400rider03
what go pro is this?

just the standard gopro hd