PDA

View Full Version : Who's graduating this year?

Canadian144
02-17-2011, 09:14 PM
Just figured I'd see who else is entering their final few months of high school. It certainly has been fun..... I will definitely miss some aspects of it.

For us grads, what are y'all planning to do next year?

finsteratv
02-17-2011, 09:36 PM
im graduating...middleschool
hopefully highschool then college!

ben300
02-17-2011, 09:38 PM
what about college..

im graduating in may with a BS in Mechanical Engineering

got a job lined up and everything!

Canadian144
02-17-2011, 09:44 PM
Congrats to both of you!

Mechanical engineering sounds cool.... Quite a few of my friends want to go into that field.

DP #000
02-17-2011, 10:04 PM
graduating high school. class of 43 students haha. probably just going to community college. also starting racing cars this year around the country. hopefully can get a future out of that. its doubtful, but you never know.

QuadJunkies
02-17-2011, 10:12 PM
My Daughter was 2 creduts shy of being able to grad. a year early ,so hopefully next year will be easy for the most part, and can travel to race abit without affecting her grades. She took her A.C.T. last week too...

She is thinking about maybe Physical Thereapist, working with injured athletes ( specifically I think ,not sure )

Being an injured rider hersef at one time,she missed out on this and now will have to live with her injury healing wrong- wishes we would have known !
She wanted to work those who didnt get the therapy that she should have had .

Who knows... she may change her major 10 more times between now and then .:p

Canadian144
02-18-2011, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by DP #000
graduating high school. class of 43 students haha. probably just going to community college. also starting racing cars this year around the country. hopefully can get a future out of that. its doubtful, but you never know.

Nice, my class is only 60 people so I know the feeling. Racing cars would be sick.... good luck with it! Wish I could do that for a career.

Quadjunkies that sounds cool too. Graduating a year early would have been nice for sure.... at the same time having one final year where you really just coast would be fun!

I should have tried to take the ACT.... only ever wrote the SAT (3 times).

What school does she want to go to?

I'm currently in Albany NY.... on my way to Boston. Northeastern university (in Bosotn) is having an accepted students day (for the Business program) so my parents wanted to take me down for it. It's the only school in the US I've been accepted to so far. Only applied to two other US schools - University of Michigan and Northwestern (in Chicago).

QuadJunkies
02-18-2011, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Canadian144
Nice, my class is only 60 people so I know the feeling. Racing cars would be sick.... good luck with it! Wish I could do that for a career.

Quadjunkies that sounds cool too. Graduating a year early would have been nice for sure.... at the same time having one final year where you really just coast would be fun!

I should have tried to take the ACT.... only ever wrote the SAT (3 times).

What school does she want to go to?

I'm currently in Albany NY.... on my way to Boston. Northeastern university (in Bosotn) is having an accepted students day (for the Business program) so my parents wanted to take me down for it. It's the only school in the US

I've been accepted to so far. Only applied to two other US schools - University of Michigan and Northwestern (in Chicago).

Not sure yet. Shes hoping for a scholarship. Im trying to convince her into a local community college right now until she really knows what she wants to do. She could live at home for abit and not worry about juggling school and bills.

Honda4life05
02-18-2011, 11:34 AM
Graduating this june from a class of about 600!
My plans are to be a electrician or something along thoes lines.

ben300
02-18-2011, 01:47 PM
Congrats to both of you!

Mechanical engineering sounds cool.... Quite a few of my friends want to go into that field.

thanks man...ya i hated it at times adn loved it at other times..but im glad its almost over

i got a job with Joy Mining Machinery here in north western PA...joy is the largest manufactuer of mining machinery and equipment in the world...

..im very excited about the job. its close to home. the pay and bennies are absolutely excellent. its a stable company with alot of room for advancemetn, adn ill be designing and workign wthi some massive machinery...so i really cant complain..

i know you were looking into doing somethign with mining up their in mooseland...check out their website someday...

also..good luck wiht the college search....even though im a die hard penn stater adn dont like michigan....MofU and Northwestern are both good schools wiht top notch educations

Canadian144
02-18-2011, 08:15 PM
Sorry can't multi quote at the moment.....

Quadjunkies that sounds like a good plan... University is really expensive! For me to go anywhere in the US it will be like 50 - 60 grand a year..... Sure hopes it pays off though.

Honda4life man thats a huge class haha! Well I guess its what you're used to. It would be quite a shock for me to be in at environment. My brothers an electrician BTW.

ben300 that's sick that you've got a good job lined up right after graduation at a company that you want to work for. I don't think most people have it that easy after college! Although I guess it's true that you get back what you put in.

I'd definitely be thrilled to be at U of M or northwestern. Can't say I'll be upset if I end up at Northeastern (in Boston), still a great school and after walking around today I really liked it. It's a 5 year program though, as you do 2 six month co-ops. You can do it in 4 if you do summer courses or just do one co-op. They're doing the whole dog and pony show tomorrow for accepted students, so I'll see how I feel after that.

muddzilla94
02-18-2011, 11:00 PM
im graduating next week, then im going to go to college for some type of mechanic or auto repair

Trx450er94
02-19-2011, 09:38 AM
IM only a freshman but i have a class of like 500 kids and i probably going to be a cop then i can ride and not get in trouble

QuadJunkies
02-19-2011, 11:16 AM
Sorry can't multi quote at the moment.....

Quadjunkies that sounds like a good plan... University is really expensive! For me to go anywhere in the US it will be like 50 - 60 grand a year..... Sure hopes it pays off though.

Honda4life man thats a huge class haha! Well I guess its what you're used to. It would be quite a shock for me to be in at environment. My brothers an electrician BTW.

ben300 that's sick that you've got a good job lined up right after graduation at a company that you want to work for. I don't think most people have it that easy after college! Although I guess it's true that you get back what you put in.

I'd definitely be thrilled to be at U of M or
northwestern. Can't say I'll be upset if I end up
at Northeastern (in Boston), still a great school
and after walking around today I really liked it.

60 g's - Wow.... ! We could never afford that per year.

It's a 5 year program though, as you do 2 six month co-ops. You can do it in 4 if you do summer courses or just do one co-op. They're doing the whole dog and pony show tomorrow for accepted students, so I'll see how I feel after that.

161xchonda
02-19-2011, 02:12 PM
I'm graduating this year from high school, and planning to attend a close college, Waynesburg University. It's only 20 minutes away from my house, and is a Christian college. I'm gonna live at home all four or five years, and save a bunch of money. As of right now, I plan on majoring in Business Administration, or something business related. I hope to own my own company one day.

QuadJunkies
02-19-2011, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by 161xchonda
I'm graduating this year from high school, and planning to attend a close college, Waynesburg University. It's only 20 minutes away from my house, and is a Christian college. I'm gonna live at home all four or five years, and save a bunch of money. As of right now, I plan on majoring in Business Administration, or something business related. I hope to own my own company one day.

Smart choice! Stick with it ;)

Sjorge450R
02-19-2011, 08:36 PM
ah man.....I miss thinking about HS graduation.

I give you guys props for being able to live at home and go to school. Surrendering that 'College Freedom' is something that many can do. I know that I could never do it. I love living at school. You just mature in a much different way. I dont live in a dorm any more, so living on my own in a house with rent payments and utes is a good way to get going in the world. Sure it cost more, but its an once in a lifetime experience.

Im surprised there hasnt been any..."Thank god i am done highschool" quotes in here yet. Oh what i would do to be back in high school

161xchonda
02-19-2011, 09:00 PM
Yea, I know what ya mean about maturing a lot by moving away to go to school. The main reason I didn't move away is because all of my toys are at home, and I couldn't take em with me. Lol. Though I don't really think I'm gonna miss out by not living at home. I would like to move into my own apartment by the time I graduate. I think I would like it a lot.

250ex_dan
02-19-2011, 09:11 PM
same idea as me bro.
et the lord speak to your heart while at the christian colledge:)
god bless all of you

Ruby Soho
02-19-2011, 11:41 PM
im only out of HS for one year so far, and I already wish I was back.

i hate waking up at 430 every morning for work:scary:

400exc
02-20-2011, 08:38 AM
I am graduating from college in June. I went to the University of Northwestern Ohio (UNOH) and will have my associates in Diesel Technology.

Honda4life05
02-20-2011, 05:04 PM
There's no way that i would say i couldn't wait till i got out of highschool, their the best days ever! I kinda wish i had a smaller class of about 300, most people didn't know half of their classmates names..

250r rider 88
02-20-2011, 06:11 PM
graduation from Vincennes University with an A.S. in Drafting & Design/CAD.

Being top of my class im looking at having 5-6 offers and choosing where I want to go according to my instructor, should know soon

ben300
02-20-2011, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by 250r rider 88

Being top of my class im looking at having 5-6 offers and choosing where I want to go according to my instructor, should know soon

you have 5-6 offers?

if you do, your very lucky...that degree/field is greatly vanishing because most BS engineering degrees cover all that stuff....

..had a budy go to college for that..couldnt get a job anywhere..now he's a welder

250r rider 88
02-20-2011, 08:20 PM
lol, yea most MET and ME students learn how to use CAD, but that doesn't make them a DRAFTER, big companies like Cummins, Panasonic, etc. that recruit heavily from our program know this, and thats why they come to us and not other places like IvyTech that just teach CAD

and the field isn't vanishing, salary and job growth over the last 10 years has been increasing at a very steady rate, engineers "dont have the time" to figure out all the stuff a drafter knows how to do already, he just comes up with the idea, pushes the paper and calls it a day, not trying to bash on engineers cause i know a few on here just saying, a drafter is a specialized type of job and companies are realizing the potential of employing those type of individuals and starting out at 40k, full benefits, with 2 years of college is pretty damn good

Canadian144
02-21-2011, 07:37 PM

Cool, I'm planning to major in Business too. If I end up at Northeastern in Boston, I can major in two concentrations, I was planning on choosing Entrepreneurship & Finance. At the same time I think that Entrepreneurship might "work" better with other areas... ex accounting or management. But you don't need to declare where you specialize until your second year.

Originally posted by Sjorge450R
ah man.....I miss thinking about HS graduation.

I give you guys props for being able to live at home and go to school. Surrendering that 'College Freedom' is something that many can do. I know that I could never do it. I love living at school. You just mature in a much different way. I dont live in a dorm any more, so living on my own in a house with rent payments and utes is a good way to get going in the world. Sure it cost more, but its an once in a lifetime experience.

Im surprised there hasnt been any..."Thank god i am done highschool" quotes in here yet. Oh what i would do to be back in high school

Yeah I'm definitely looking forward to that 'College Freedom' as you put it. I'll definitely miss living at home.... it's been fun!

Yea, I know what ya mean about maturing a lot by moving away to go to school. The main reason I didn't move away is because all of my toys are at home, and I couldn't take em with me. Lol. Though I don't really think I'm gonna miss out by not living at home. I would like to move into my own apartment by the time I graduate. I think I would like it a lot.

I think you will definitely miss out on a few things... but like you said, once you graduate you will probably be living on your own so you're really just delaying the process a bit. I will miss all my toys too! As well as homecooked food, my own room, cats, friends, parents, etc etc.

Originally posted by 400exc
I am graduating from college in June. I went to the University of Northwestern Ohio (UNOH) and will have my associates in Diesel Technology.

Congrats man. What specifically do you do with that degree? Is it more of a designing diesel related things or working on diesel motors, or something else? Just curious.

Originally posted by 250r rider 88

Congrats to you too man.

kyleschonert
02-21-2011, 08:27 PM
I graduate from Southern Illinois University at Carbondale with a Bachelors in Plant and Soil Science in May and CANNOT WAIT. Only been 4 years but feels like a lifetime. I have a few offers and am just waiting to see what works out best.

To all of you debating about going to college, DO IT! Has been the best 4 years of my life. I've made more friends than I ever imagined and am closer to them then the kids I grew up with, no joke! It's great.

Kurly154
02-22-2011, 06:03 AM
I graduating from high school this year. In June I start college at Nashville Auto Diesel College. I'm excited to finally get out of here.

Canadian144
02-23-2011, 07:57 PM
Two guys going into Diesel stuff! Impressive.

brian76708
02-23-2011, 08:46 PM
should be graduating after summer semester with a associates in automation technology and a cert in fluid power. looking forward to getting out of the warehouse but kinda sad since Ive worked there for 4 years and actually like my job.

BoneStockHonda
02-24-2011, 08:03 PM
graduating in June then going to stay at home and go to University at Buffalo for mechanical engineering then I plan on transfering to a state school in Florida and bringing my quad with me :D

400exc
02-27-2011, 12:22 AM
Diesel Technology means I will be bale to work on semi tractor, trailer, and stuff like that. Trained to work on pretty much the whole truck. I am MACS certified and air brake certified already. ASE certified in air brakes as well. It is a really cool field to get into if you like getting your hands dirty.

Canadian144
04-22-2011, 08:31 PM
Bump.... anyone else?

I have two days of class next week, then grad prank day, then senior skip day. Oh yeah... then exams haha. Not too worried though.

Just sent my deposit in to Northeastern University in Boston, MA. I will miss being away from all of my toys during the winter... but I'll try to remain active on the site. I'm planning to get a mountain bike, as apparently there are quite a few good trails around the university. Need something off-road vehicle related to do!

CJM
04-22-2011, 08:47 PM
Graduating..not soon lol.

Ive been pursuing a degree in criminal justice for years now. Expect to be done sometime in 2011 or early 2012.

Canadian144
04-22-2011, 09:01 PM
Well at least you're in school with a career lined up!

CJM
04-22-2011, 09:03 PM
Well at least you're in school with a career lined up!

About all one can do these days, cant find a job if I tried too (believe me I cant!). Just praying when I finally grad there are jobs out there!

250xridamatt
04-22-2011, 09:05 PM
I'm graduating in a few weeks with a Business Management major and Accounting Minor. I graduated from HS in 08, and was planning on graduating from college in 12. However, I was able to change my major around a cut off a year of tuition expense.

kyleschonert
04-22-2011, 10:14 PM
Graduating 3 weeks from today! Just have to make it through Soil Physics haha.

Pro1200
04-22-2011, 11:08 PM
I'm graduating college in a few weeks with a BS fr Criminal Justice- Investigative Services focus. Hundreds of thousands of dollars spent on college but so worth it, then off to find a job to pay for grad school :D

..Oh and Northeastern is legit i know some people that go there being that I'm from CT. Good luck man!

Canadian144
04-23-2011, 07:26 AM
Congrats everyone!

Originally posted by Pro1200
..Oh and Northeastern is legit i know some people that go there being that I'm from CT. Good luck man!

Thanks! Yeah it wasn't my top choice but I still like the school, I think in the long run I'll actually be better off going here compared to Michigan just due to the co-op program.