PDA

View Full Version : OEM 88 250R gas tank question

DoonRider
02-17-2011, 08:43 PM
Hey guys. Over the last 20+ years I have had a lot of Hondas but last year I finally got my first 88 250R. I have learned a ton about them on this site. Thanks.
After seeing other pictures of gas tanks on 88 250R's, I noticed the fuel to oil ratio is embossed in the tank below the filler above where the seat lays on it. Mine doesn't have that.
I also noticed others have hardware on both sides of the tank, possible even captured nuts for attaching the fenders (?). Mine doesn't have that either.
Why is that? Thanks for your time.

DoonRider
02-17-2011, 08:49 PM
I'm the 3rd owner. The original owner put 89 white OEM plastic on it.

hontrx265r
02-17-2011, 09:32 PM
The tank has probably been replaced.. I have a mint stock one though if your interested?

DoonRider
02-17-2011, 09:55 PM
I was hoping that wasn't the case. It is dead-on the same color as my headlight surround and I can tell it is aged with no other indication it isn't original.
I have a couple other things on the wish list before I replace the tank, but you can PM your price if you want.
You don't have any red OEM fenders do you? I realize they bring good money now. I was hoping to run across some used red plastic that was bought new in the last 5 years. My white ones are in great shape but are race cut front and rear. They did a flawless job cutting them. Anyone want to trade and make some cash?

troybilt
02-18-2011, 06:47 AM
Would you sell the white OEM'S outright I'd be interested if so. I could meet in KC or something to save shipping... LOL!!

DoonRider
02-18-2011, 07:45 AM
troybilt - only if you hook me up with some reasonably priced red ones (in excellent shape of course :) )
We (work) get some decent discounts from UPS, so I think I could save us some gas...

troybilt
02-18-2011, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by DoonRider
troybilt - only if you hook me up with some reasonably priced red ones (in excellent shape of course :) )
We (work) get some decent discounts from UPS, so I think I could save us some gas...

I'll ask around, I can't promise anything.. Thought I could help you out with some cash too :D