PDA

View Full Version : anyone carry while trail riding??

beags86
02-17-2011, 06:15 PM
just was wondering if anyone carried heat while riding? if so what do you carry? gun make, lenght of barrel, caliber and where you carry it?

i live in colorado which is an open carry state, or you can get a concealed carry permit if would like. alot of people carry out here, while off roading of some type. i just was wondering if this was allowed in other parts of the states?

HondaPohl
02-17-2011, 07:38 PM
When i would ride in northern PA in the coal regions I started to carry my Glock 23 4ocal due to weirdo's roaming around the areas. One guy tried to stop us one day i think to steal one of our quads but we didnt let it happen. I would carry it in the backpack.

trailrider894
02-17-2011, 08:10 PM
Yup, when i ride by myself during the week at local places, i always carry my 9mm in a holster over top of my riding jersey. I get funny looks, but its weird out here in missouri.... crack heads are everywhere.....

finsteratv
02-17-2011, 09:38 PM
im not quite old enough to be packing..
do knifes count? always carry one in the woods, good tool :blah:

trailrider894
02-17-2011, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by finsteratv
im not quite old enough to be packing..
do knifes count? always carry one in the woods, good tool :blah:

ha i'm not 21 yet either... but whatever. lol

finsteratv
02-17-2011, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by trailrider894
ha i'm not 21 yet either... but whatever. lol
if you dont get caught, it never happened ;)

trailrider894
02-17-2011, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by finsteratv
if you dont get caught, it never happened ;)

Lol i don't even know what it is your talking about.............. :chinese:

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

CJM
02-17-2011, 10:21 PM
Would if I could in NJ, but if they so much as catch you with a piston even unloaded and locked in your car your going to jail pretty much.

I usually ride in a group so I usually dont worry about other idiots. Were all larger guys who can usually handle ourselves.

honda400ex2003
02-17-2011, 10:35 PM
recently i have been carrying my 9mm 92fs when i ride in the UP by myself. I am often in the middle of no where and a night in the woods could get interesting with all of the summer critters out there. I carry legally though, outside in plain view and with a holster. I would never carry it concealed in any way. I wont even have my shirt untucked if i carry in case it could blow over it and cover it up.

i dont carry in the winter though when riding the sled. one day i may start doing that also though, not really sure but have thought about it a few times.

steve

beags86
02-18-2011, 04:17 PM
i will be carring a 357 mag this summer while riding, in a tactical thigh holster, i don't think a side holster would be comfortable while riding.

slightlybent47
02-18-2011, 05:02 PM
I do sometimes depending on where I’m riding. If I’m going exploring on my own and I’m going places I never been before then I do. You never know when you are going to ride up on someone doing something illegal and they don’t want any witnesses. Pot farms, crack labs set up in the woods, people dumping something.

blaster12s
02-27-2011, 05:25 PM
shoot i always have my Mossberg in my camper when i go to the races...not all the people at the track like me very much.