PDA

View Full Version : Need some info.

crownandmonster
02-17-2011, 05:15 PM
So I think I mentioned this before but I bought my ex from my brother (he was a member on this forum: bherriman) When he bought the quad we went through it and put the 416 and what not in it, but one thing has always bothered us, we have no idea what kind of cam it has.

There is no decompression on it, and no markings other than a H with a circle around it and a M also with a circle around it.

I just bought some new kibblewhite valve springs with titanium retainers, cam chain, and tensioner so the head is coming off anyway and I was thinking about picking up a Stage 2 hot cam. I just don't want to buy a new cam if I already have a decent one.

trailrider894
02-17-2011, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by crownandmonster
So I think I mentioned this before but I bought my ex from my brother (he was a member on this forum: bherriman) When he bought the quad we went through it and put the 416 and what not in it, but one thing has always bothered us, we have no idea what kind of cam it has.

There is no decompression on it, and no markings other than a H with a circle around it and a M also with a circle around it.

I just bought some new kibblewhite valve springs with titanium retainers, cam chain, and tensioner so the head is coming off anyway and I was thinking about picking up a Stage 2 hot cam. I just don't want to buy a new cam if I already have a decent one.

Post a pick of the cam. I think if i can get a pick of it i might be able to identify it.

Not hitting on your bro, but just be wise on here... and DON'T be a know it all.

crownandmonster
02-17-2011, 08:47 PM
Its currently installed so no pictures
(I don't want to disassemble the motor until I either buy a new cam or decide to use this current one, I like to have all the parts to do the job before i start). Like I said there is no decompression and the only markings are the H and M (the H and M are Stamped into the shaft itself not on a lobe or end of the cam). There are no part numbers or anything. What is really confusing me is when we got the quad it had a couple Hotcams stickers on it, but I'm pretty sure all hot cams are stamped with the part numbers.

Also, I don't know you and have no problems with you what so ever. I also have no idea what beef you had with my brother, but keep him out of it. Family is family and he is my little bro so I'd be on his side if it came down to it. On the other hand don't let his rep on here rub off on me.

Anyway thanks for they reply, If I end up getting the Hotcam or not I'll post a picture of it when I have the head off for the valve springs and ect.

crownandmonster
02-18-2011, 05:41 PM
Sweet guys....Thanks for the help:rolleyes:

trailrider894
02-18-2011, 09:32 PM
I remember your brother posting about this exact thing. I would call a few different manufactures and find out. Could it be an XR cam??