PDA

View Full Version : Bomb Squad Racing No More

dennis45
02-17-2011, 11:21 AM
BOMB SQUAD NO LONGER RACING ! SEEMS NO ONE GOT PAID!

fandl450r
02-17-2011, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by dennis45
BOMB SQUAD NO LONGER RACING ! SEEMS NO ONE GOT PAID!

Proof?

tayyo789
02-17-2011, 01:25 PM
I have a hard time believing that such an established team would sign the #1 rider, bring him across the country to race, with no plans of paying him.

dennis45
02-17-2011, 01:29 PM
Josh took two quads for pay ,Theo pick up his tools and went home ,no pay. Kory gone too,not there.

rbgnwa45
02-17-2011, 03:02 PM
Why's that?

rollie
02-17-2011, 03:16 PM
im having a hard time believing this :huh

turdboy
02-17-2011, 03:18 PM
So now what? Do you think Creamer will come back and race the nationals? How about Ellis too!

Pappy
02-17-2011, 03:41 PM
:chinese:

tayyo789
02-17-2011, 04:01 PM
I want to know where you're getting this information

dennis45
02-17-2011, 04:08 PM
MY SON BUILT THE QUADS FOR JOSH . DID NOT GET PAID, PACKED UP TOOLS THIS WEEK WENT HOME, JOSH PICKED UP TWO QUADS WED. FOR HIS PAY.

Tommy Warren
02-17-2011, 05:27 PM
and then they all put on pink sun dresses and danced the macarena on the roof of a VW beetle...:rolleyes:

Fred55
02-17-2011, 05:29 PM
Didn't Wes miller have trouble paying his riders a fair share in his movies as well? I could swear that's a lot of the reason premis and atraix came along.

KingpinsEx
02-17-2011, 05:42 PM
Its not that Wes had trouble paying his riders, its that he simply didn't. Now Creamer on the other hand, he is not just showing up for a film shoot...

JAKELTR450
02-17-2011, 09:48 PM
maybe true.

QuadJunkies
02-17-2011, 10:03 PM
DAYUM...

I wonder if he will be attending anymore WORCS events then . :ermm:

blacknblue#2
02-18-2011, 06:53 AM
Im not sayin all of this is untrue. It just seems hard to believe that Wes dont take care of the guys in his films. Many of those guys are in multiple movies. Why keep comin back if your not treated well??

mx3mom
02-18-2011, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by blacknblue#2
Im not sayin all of this is untrue. It just seems hard to believe that Wes dont take care of the guys in his films. Many of those guys are in multiple movies. Why keep comin back if your not treated well??
There is NO money for being in the films, all ya get is a little exposure.

JH Racing
02-18-2011, 07:15 AM
Like Caseys mom said there is no money that changes hands for the films. It is just exposure for yourself and sponsors.

400grl
02-18-2011, 10:18 AM
This doesn't surprise me after all of the things I have heard about Wes over the years......most of these things from people who had worked directly with him in various capacities. Interesting......

Pappy
02-18-2011, 10:35 AM
Correct me if I am wrong, but didnt Wes sell H-bomb and the bomb squad to someone else recently?

DEVINF450R
02-18-2011, 12:01 PM
WOW.... Sucks for Creamer. if this is true it is a really dirty thing to do. I hope he comes back to Nat's and kicks *** on the Hondas as a Privateer. Sad thing is he will prob sell both quads and go back to work... I hope not. Racing needs these guys to try to hang on through the bad economy

Lasher
02-18-2011, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
Correct me if I am wrong, but didnt Wes sell H-bomb and the bomb squad to someone else recently?

http://www.atvriders.com/atvnews/bomb-squad-racing-2011-acorn-woods-communications.html

According the article, Wes is now a client of some marketing giant.

Wonder if Creamer will come back NEATV to race....

ltrracer
02-18-2011, 04:02 PM
All of the rumors ARE TRUE, and he is staying out west to race...not coming back to the nats

400grl
02-18-2011, 04:11 PM
SUCKS about the rumors....but very cool that he's gonna stick it out at WORCS! It's a great series!!!

Pappy
02-19-2011, 01:21 PM
Wes said the Bomb Squad will be racing the WORCS Series as a team, with Creamer leading the charge. Things may have been screwed up but seem now to be back on track.

Good luck:cool:

KingpinsEx
02-19-2011, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Pappy

I didn't notice any Bomb Squad graphics on the moore brothers sleds in the x-games, thought that was strange. If they were there, they were really small...

offspring22
02-20-2011, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by tayyo789
I have a hard time believing that such an established team would sign the #1 rider, bring him across the country to race, with no plans of paying him.

This!

People seem to really like jumping to wild conclusions. Don't worry, guys, Creamer will be racing the whole season!

QuadJunkies
02-20-2011, 11:49 AM
Well i wonder what caused the rumor to begin with then. :huh

Pappy
02-20-2011, 12:02 PM
The rumors were indeed fact, but its private business and was handled. What counts is that those involved are being taken care of and we will see some great racing for sure.

QuadJunkies
02-20-2011, 12:12 PM
Im glad to hear creamer will get to spend the rest of the series on the West Coast.

quad2xtreme
02-20-2011, 12:31 PM
Glad to hear DENNIS45's son got paid and will be back to work too. It is usually the mechanics that get the crappy end of the stick.

spanky101
02-20-2011, 06:46 PM
Good luck to josh out west but I know I wish he would be racing out here on the east coast!

The Conduit
02-21-2011, 05:33 PM
Hey everyone- First off I really like that someone wrote in something to the effect that. "Wes Milller is now a client of some marketing Giant" I like the idea that the company I work for Acorn Woods Communications, is a "Marketing Giant" and that Wes is a client of mine. The fact is that we (Acorn Woods Communications) are a client of Wes Miller... not the other way around. Here are some points that may help clear a lot of this up-

1. Wes hired us to (Acorn Woods Communications) to provide all of his various sponsors as much publicity as possible and to further push his efforts to promote ATV racing through his television packages and filmmaking capabilities.

2. I don’t know if Wes paid riders in his movies but I doubt it. NO ONE pays riders for film appearances, photo shoots, interviews, or anything that gets them or their teams publicity. It's all part of this business. Last year we did the PR for Ryan Dungey and many other Supercross riders, professional racing drivers, etc.- none of them were paid for any of this and never have been. The return is in the publicity. I think the editors of this site can attest to the fact that they don't pay riders for photo shoots- videos- etc.

3. Were there financing issues involving this team recently? Yes- but by and large they have all been resolved. This is all private business and not to be discussed in a public forum- but listen everyone- racing is very expensive. When you have a team with numerous partners- and one decides that it's too expensive- it takes some time to replace. At the Indy trade show Wes worked his keester off and replaced a lot of that money- the rest is forthcoming and although anything is possible- full funding (or close to it) will occur.

4. I don't work for free. Not even close. I would not be writing this letter if I did not believe in Bomb Squads ability to field this team. I personally sat in some of the meetings in Indy this weekend- there is no shortage of great people and companies who want to be a part of this effort and are willing to support it with funding and quality products.

I have some credibility here I think? I'm one of the guys, who along with Wayne Hinson, Scott Wright, and Rod Lopusnak, brought semi trucks, and non-endemic sponsors back to Pro ATV racing.

Anyway- Wes, and all the nice folks who are fielding Pro racing teams know how expensive it can be and the challenges you ALWAYS run into making things happen. It is virtually never easy- and almost always a dynamic that you have to deal with all season long. In all the teams I've been involved with, including championship winning seasons with Doug Gust, Dustin Wimmer and many others over the years... it's simply the nature of the beast.

My hat's off to all of these people like Wes who go through the ringer to provide the fans with quality racing. There is nothing more impressive to me than watching these amazing athletes competing at the highest level. If the average enthusiast had any idea how much work goes into making Pro racing happen- I think the perspective might be a bit different.

That's my 2 cents. Have Fun everyone.

Brant Russell
Huntington Beach, California.

quad2xtreme
02-21-2011, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by The Conduit
Hey everyone- First off I really like that someone wrote in something to the effect that. "Wes Milller is now a client of some marketing Giant" I like the idea that the company I work for Acorn Woods Communications, is a "Marketing Giant" and that Wes is a client of mine. The fact is that we (Acorn Woods Communications) are a client of Wes Miller... not the other way around. Here are some points that may help clear a lot of this up-

Easy mistake to make...the article's language was a bit confusing...

Los Angeles, CA (2/14/2011) - H-Bomb Media and Bomb Squad Racing have joined Acorn Woods Communications’ growing roster of public relations, marketing, advertising and social media clients.

If a company hires PriceWaterhouseCoopers to do an audit for them, PWC considers them a client. Did H-Bomb hire Acorn to do public relations work on their behalf? If so, wouldn't you say they are a client of Acorn?

jb500ex
02-27-2011, 11:04 AM
sounds like the team is over now

88redrocket
02-27-2011, 06:10 PM
Here are the results for todays race.... Looks like creamer won his first worcs race!

http://www.atvriders.com/atvresults/worcs-atv-race-results-2011-02-class.html

extremeblastr
02-27-2011, 10:06 PM
No surprise on creamers win he said the arm pump was killing him at the last race because r
there were some kinks in the suspension set up and he just didn't have any seat time on then
bike yet but he was extremely confident going into this weeken that everything was good to go and he'd be out front. Josh is one if if not the most naturally talented atv racers ever and he has the drive and work ethic to turn that into wins in any series.

DEVINF450R
02-28-2011, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
No surprise on creamers win he said the arm pump was killing him at the last race because r
there were some kinks in the suspension set up and he just didn't have any seat time on then
bike yet but he was extremely confident going into this weeken that everything was good to go and he'd be out front. Josh is one if if not the most naturally talented atv racers ever and he has the drive and work ethic to turn that into wins in any series.

AGREED :macho

spanky101
02-28-2011, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by extremeblastr

Don't think I could have worded it any better. Josh is a gifted rider and one heck of a determined athlete!

400grl
02-28-2011, 09:29 AM
Warnia was not feeling very good......Havasu will be interesting. Rough course, the lagoon jump is a huge challenge, and if everyone is healthy and their quads hold together, this will be a great race for sure!