PDA

View Full Version : Is it REALLY going to matter???

GMC400ex
02-16-2011, 11:13 PM
Ok so I finished my bearing install and long story short the two o-rings that slip on the carrier bearing and the caliper stay slip were destroyed! So I tried to just go to local hardware story, NAPA etc., and nothing so finally the Honda store had one but not the other
My question if I leave one of the of the o-rings of is it going to make a difference. The caliper stay and carrier bearing have one notch for an o ring so I figure I put one there it'll be fine
What's your alls opinion?
It's an '03 400ex
Thanks in advance

VTredneckgames
02-17-2011, 06:22 AM
If 2 came out, put 2 back in!

Unless you like replacing bearings. They are there for a reason.

CJM
02-17-2011, 07:45 AM
Might cause it to wear faster due to debris getting in there, but I doubt it.

I have a lonestar carrier, it uses NO o rings on the outside like the stocker does.

slightlybent47
02-17-2011, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by CJM
Might cause it to wear faster due to debris getting in there, but I doubt it.

I have a lonestar carrier, it uses NO o rings on the outside like the stocker does.

With a slot for a gasket and no gasket in there it will have a place where dirt can get in. your LSR carrier has no slot for dirt to get in.

if it had one, put one back in.

GMC400ex
02-17-2011, 09:42 AM
Man I hear ya... Just sucks suppose to be nice this wknd looks like I'll be sitting out again

hondaking52
02-17-2011, 02:09 PM
i didnt run them on my stock carrier, there just there to help keep some of the water out, you'll be fine, why do you think most aftermarket comps dont use them? cause they arnt needed!

CJM
02-17-2011, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by slightlybent47
With a slot for a gasket and no gasket in there it will have a place where dirt can get in. your LSR carrier has no slot for dirt to get in.

if it had one, put one back in.

While I agree that dirt can get in, if one was smart they would SLATHER the inside of the swinger with grease as well as inside the carrier. Keeps everything out then. May attract dirt to a degree but will keep water out.

GMC400ex
02-17-2011, 05:36 PM
Main thing I was worried about was anything/everything moving from not replacing them but I think the one will be fine I really really want ride haha

duroc825
02-17-2011, 06:19 PM
Ride it! If ya want go back and put them in later. I didn't replace them in mine and haven't had any abnormal wear. Water aint good with or without them.