PDA

View Full Version : G-force?

MtnEX
02-16-2011, 07:46 PM
Are they a company... or are they the RMATV house brand for axles and wheels?

I am interested in the wheels.

Are they any good for XC/trail?

CJM
02-16-2011, 07:53 PM
Im pretty sure its RMATV house brand. I got one, no complaints its built well and has held up really good.

Wish you could get them in stock lengths as even at the lowest setting stock is 45" or so wide but the g-force is 48 inches. I rode trails ok, but sometimes its kinda tight.

honda400ex2003
02-16-2011, 08:36 PM
they have a good warr on them if you bend them and seem to be decent quality wise for the price.

marc, whats the price on yours man, i was waiting for a pm last night but nothing ever came. haha lets make a deal on that baby. 100 bucks will get you a new one + some ching to play with. :p

steve

CJM
02-16-2011, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by honda400ex2003
they have a good warr on them if you bend them and seem to be decent quality wise for the price.

marc, whats the price on yours man, i was waiting for a pm last night but nothing ever came. haha lets make a deal on that baby. 100 bucks will get you a new one + some ching to play with. :p

steve

I sent a pm, I guess it never went thru steve.

check your pms now, lemme know if you dont get one.

bigbad400
02-16-2011, 08:57 PM
it is rmatv. the g force has spacers it dont have to be 48. it goes from stock to +4" i have 3 400ex with g force and my ltr has g force. wheels are just like stock. cheap and come in black powder or brushed

good warranty.....? if you bend it break it jump it into the grand canyon on purpose and you hurt it. they will give you another. you cant intentionally see how much it can take but other than that they will give you another one if you hurt it. thats the best ive ever seen. and i had to have one replaced... it went sideways off a close to 80ft double and cased hard. it was only tweaked thow. barely noticeable. and they asked no questions no nothing. and they did it timely. there is no reason to buy any other in my opinion

CJM
02-16-2011, 09:33 PM
The g-force the smallest you can get is 47 inches, thats with 20x11x9 and 9x9 wheels. Stock is about 45 inches.

Reason you cant go smaller is the splines end on the axle.

MtnEX
02-16-2011, 10:31 PM
When I take an axle out I will definitely check with them for an XC width replacement then... sounds good to me.

I've been looking real hard at the wheels.

See I have 3 quads, and things get expensive, and I don't make the money I used to....

I like tire choices for XC conditions, and would also like to be able to have separate race tires and trail tires too.

For me it would be nice to have spare sets of tires and wheels sitting around to swap between without a lot of trouble.

That gets really expensive though when you start considering the cost of wheels too.

These G-force XC wheels seem like an economical choice..... but then at the same time, I don't want to waste the cost of a set of them and have to re-buy on top of it.

CJM
02-17-2011, 07:47 AM
The g-force xc wheels I hear are pretty good. RMATV stuff some of it is quality stuff, you'd be shocked. The wheels have a rolled lip just like the stockers, makes them very strong.

MtnEX
02-17-2011, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by CJM
The g-force xc wheels I hear are pretty good. RMATV stuff some of it is quality stuff, you'd be shocked. The wheels have a rolled lip just like the stockers, makes them very strong.

Hummm...

Some stock wheels I have tacoed and others I have had good service out of. Not sure if it is a strength difference or just luck honestly.

Right now I have 10 stock wheels between 3 quads.... 2 honda fronts, set of KFX450R, and a set of polaris steel.... and then 2 bajas on the rear of my honda.

They all have their cosmetic dings, etc. But none of these are what I would consider damaged beyond cosmetic.

This one for example took such a hard hit I didn't know which side it was. Lucky I didn't hole a tire or taco a rim I think. Hit hard enough that it bubbled the inner rim enough to cause the powder coat to pop off....

MtnEX
02-17-2011, 11:13 AM
Point being they are not as nice or as cool as Hipers or aluminum beadlocks... but do I really need the Hipers or whatever...

CJM
02-17-2011, 02:44 PM
I have douglas A5 .190 thick aluminum wheels on the back. Was riding all over creation and had no issues. That was until I decided to play in the snow and smacked a curb with the lip of one and I pushed it in quite a bit. Its not horrible and doesnt seem to effect riding, but it annoys me cause the wheels were pretty new.

There is a balance between cost, weight and durability. hipers are quite nice, but very $$$. They promise they wont bend, but more absorb the shock of getting hit b/c they are made or carbon fiber.

But at over 350 bucks on avg for just one (thats ONE wheel) vs about 40-60 bucks for a regular wheel what is the better choice? I can buy at least regular 4-6 wheels for 1 hiper..

400Trooper
02-18-2011, 06:02 PM
I have the G-Force axle and have beat the hell out of it! 5 hard years of hard riding, GP races and 6, 8 and 10 hour endurance races, no complains here! If their wheels are anywhere close to the quality of the axles, they would be well worth the money! IMOP!