PDA

View Full Version : any idea on half throttle sputter?

Joemartin17
02-16-2011, 05:27 PM
Still havin an issue on Joes 90(Air Cooled). Idles fine,top end is fine, but rite at half throttle it breaks up wicked. Doesnt matter if i hit the throttle fast or just roll it on slow. Does it on the stand so im assuming its nothing to do with clutching. have gone up and down on both main and pilot jets and nothing makes really any difference. Im thinkin taper on the needle but havent tried it yet. I did move the clip position around a bit and still no different. Anyone have any ideas.

Joe Martin #17
2007 DRR 90
2011 Sponsor's]
Get Dirty Mx
BMR Graphics
G-Force
Hetrick Racing

selbygirl
02-16-2011, 06:29 PM
check all your wiring your grounds and connectors make shore ther tight and clean i had simmeuler problem it was the orange and black wire to the coil and cdi box i hard wired them check your kill switch sometimes they can give you a fit also take a look at your reeds clean them and flip them check your intake spray some carb cleaner on it while its running to see if your sucking air good luck tommy

Joemartin17
02-17-2011, 08:24 PM
You may be on to somthing with the wiring. I did replace the tether assmebly shortly after i purchased the quad. Gonna check that out tomm. Thank you.