PDA

View Full Version : rear brake still leaking!!!!!!!

outcastu
02-15-2011, 09:34 PM
Driving me crazy. Took brake off sprayed clean put new washer, oring and boot in as shown on schematic. Also took parking brake off and put block off on. Very slow leak right where block off bolts on. What am I missing?
Any suggestions appreciated.
Thanks.:mad:

CJM
02-15-2011, 10:26 PM
Probably safe to say either you pinched the o ring. I'd buy a new caliper if you cant fix it.

timp224
02-16-2011, 03:37 AM
There is a o ring in there, make sure you put it back in, and if it is in coat it with oil before re-installing.

AtvKid4Eva
02-16-2011, 05:32 AM
my neighbors bike did the same thing and he just used some RTV where the block off touched the caliper and it stopped the leak, but your o ring is more than likely bad.

outcastu
02-16-2011, 09:50 AM
I'm gonna try the rvt if that doesn't work does anyone know someone selling a rear caliper?

CJM
02-16-2011, 10:29 AM
If you go on ebay and look up 400ex calipers try and find the store "east coast atv" they sell them for pretty cheap usually, they are rebuilt units they guarantee. I bought one, it leaked the same way yours does and they sent me a new one out immediately no questions asked and I sent my old one back.

Did you grease the o ring when you replaced it? Helps to seal it better initially.

outcastu
02-16-2011, 12:06 PM
Yes I greased it the first time. Took it back apart everything looks right o ring looks fine. Just gonna order a new one.
Thanks for the info on where to go I will try there first. Going to rtv it just to see what happens if it works I'll use it and keep the other as back up.
Thanks again.