PDA

View Full Version : anyone need a filter adapter

hontrx265r
02-15-2011, 12:07 PM
Just seeing if anyone needs a filter adapter. I made this plate this morning. Its lt500 to 250r made to mount to whatever box you want or plate.. Its flat on top because thats the level of the box but I could do full circle if you want. They will probably be about 65.00 bucks if you want one. They will be 7071 aluminum holes are tapped. I'll probably cut chips today or tomorrow, so if you want one speak now. One shot deal.

Lasher
02-15-2011, 02:19 PM
Not sure exactly what this is for?

My son is building a Walsh hybrid using the 250R airbox. I see that Walsh has an adapter that will allow me to use a 250R boot, 250R airbox and connect to the carb on the CRF motor.

I also thought that the LT500 boot will replace the 250R boot / Walsh adapter combo.

So what exactly will this plate do for me?

Does the LT500 boot not fit on the 250R airbox? And you adapter will allow this?

Sorry just really confused about this since our build did not get this far yet.

hontrx265r
02-15-2011, 02:28 PM
Ok hopefully this won't get confusing but if you don't already know 99% of the time hybrid intakes are where things get a little hodgepodge.. The lt500 boot does not fit on a stock 250r box. It is bigger by 1/2in.. So you can figure out a way to adapt it..usually pvc.. (cheap but crappy) or whever else you can come up with I think they have all been done. I made this for me to use to adapt the 2 pieces and it will bolt into the aluminum box I'm goin to build, Or you could use a flat plate and mount it and run an open intake. either way its just much much cleaner then pvc.. or a welded piece of aluminum pipe..

Lasher
02-15-2011, 02:37 PM
Gotcha.

I was under the impression that the LT500 boot fit the 250R airbox.

Now I need to know if the LT500 boot will fit my situation....

Walsh CRF chassis, 06 CRF motor, 250R airbox....

If the LT500 boot will connect the carb to airbox, using your plate, I will get one. But if I am going to still have trouble with connecting them I might just get the Walsh adapter and use the 250R boot.

hontrx265r
02-15-2011, 03:06 PM
Exactly this wont work for every situation however. Of all the hybrids I've built almost all of them have used that lt500 boot.
I would like to see the adapter your talking about the only thing I know of walsh making is the aluminum one gtilly has on his walsh but its not a stock boot? I chose to get away from the stock box because they always end up broken, and they don't look that good anyway.

Lasher
02-15-2011, 03:13 PM
The adapter is on his website...
http://www.walshracecraft.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.details&ProductID=88183

I am waiting for the motor mounts from Walsh to put the motor in the chassis and start lining up the parts. (should be here any day)

I agree that the stock airbox does not look the best. But I have seen some really sharp airbox's get destroyed in one pile up on the track.

I will have to call Nate tomorrow to find out more about the adapter. I need to call him anyways.

hontrx265r
02-15-2011, 04:57 PM
It looks like that would adapt a lt500 boot, thats why I'm confused about the stock 250 airboot thing.. See what he says.. No disrespect to walsh but that thing looks like a pile for 225.00!!! If thats what you want I'd be more then happy to make you one of those for almost half the cost of the walsh.

hontrx265r
02-15-2011, 04:59 PM
I think its just because they are adding length compared to a stock box. But come on all riveted in blahh..

josborn
02-16-2011, 06:19 AM
Mike - So you are making an alumnium R box to fit this adaptor too? If so how much to make me a box and adaptor? And what kind of turn around are you looking at. You can PM info if you dont want it posted. Thanks!

hontrx265r
02-16-2011, 10:39 AM
yes I'm going to build a box that fits nice in my new subframe.. I could make you one for your walsh being that it uses stock mounts. Let me do some drawings and I'll see what we can come up with for you. I need to know what you are planning to do with the intake boot though? stock? lt500? something else? The main reason I posted just the adapter is because the box for my laeger will probably only fit my bike. But I guess there is a demand for a stock fitting box so I'll attack it for you guys.

josborn
02-16-2011, 11:34 AM
Lt500 for that setup. I plan on trying a couple of different ideas, but I'd like to have a nice aluminum 250r box that accepts the lt500 boot.

I guess the only real question is where does that box need to sit to make the lt500 boot length the correct length for the Walsh CRF. i should have a motor in the frame next week. Do you need a measurement from the carb to the front air box mounts?

hontrx265r
02-16-2011, 03:27 PM
No I know where the box will mount but I do need to know how far the fitting will need to protruded out of the box so def need the motor in. I have some cool ideas this could be fun

Lasher
02-16-2011, 03:32 PM
Did not get a chance to call Walsh today but looking at the pics of his adapter has me thinking....

There are two pieces. One mounts to the airbox (probably to move the boot over) and the other looks like it attaches to the carb (probably to connect the shorter boot to the carb.

Is the LT500 boot longer than the 250R boot?

josborn
02-16-2011, 04:08 PM
Lasher the 500 boot is longer, an rough measurement with a tape measure shows it to be a 1/2" longer.

Mike - Once I get the motor, carb, and boot on there, I can put a stock R box in there, and give a measurement from the end of the boot to the face (front) of the stock box. It may not be until mid next week. I just found out that my head wont be ready til Mon-Tues.