PDA

View Full Version : scammers... everyone please read

bigbad400
02-15-2011, 04:54 AM
so i got a bunch of grief for not posting a picture on something i had for sale, for two reasons i was told that i should have a pic. 1 cus they want proofi actually own something for sale... well i could google anything im selling and steal somoens picture and pretend to sell that to someone... knowone knows any different.

still scammed even with a pic.

the second reason is the condition of my part for sale. same thing. i could steal somone elses pic.

still scammed.

so my question is what is there to do to stop from being scammed besides paypal so u got a receipt?

pics dont mean squat to me... especially on the internet. i can photoshop in carbon fiber wheels on my quad and noone would know.

i think a written description of the product and a paypal receipt would be more sound proof of a real person than a pic... at least that way you have documents to show police agency or something.... a pic is nothing to the cops too if you get scammed.

now the reason i didnt post pics is because i live in a rural area and hi speed is not available yet. so i have dial up and it takes me prolly 45 min to post a pic.

now unless you made the person take a pic with say todays paper or something.... but can u legally ask someone to do that?

Scro
02-15-2011, 06:26 AM
Research and feedback can say alot about a person's track record. If you still don't feel comfortable with them, ask to talk with them on the phone. Ask them specific questions about the product. It's easier to tell if someone is lying through their voice, rather than what they type on screen.

bigbad400
02-15-2011, 07:36 AM
great idea.

but if i was selling say an axle for my ltr. dont u think i could tell you all about one and still not sell it to you? i can tell you all about g force dura blue and lonestar and i dont have any of them for sale. but this is good keep the suggestions comming.

is there a completely bulletproof way to not get scammed? besides buying only new stuff from reputable shops.

09RappySe
02-15-2011, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by bigbad400
is there a completely bulletproof way to not get scammed? besides buying only new stuff from reputable shops.

No...

witech
02-15-2011, 01:32 PM
If your talking to them on the phone one simple trick is to say you have a friend that lives in the town that they are in and maybe they can pick it up locally . If they are hesitant or say no then its a scam.

bigbad400
02-15-2011, 02:20 PM
that is quality there. i never would have thaught of that.
:D

Nitwhit0921
02-15-2011, 05:06 PM
It might take 45 min to post a pic on this site but it should take less than 5 to send a pic in an email...

bigbad400
02-16-2011, 05:43 AM
no it still takes forever on dial up because you have to upload them on the internet and thats what takes so long. but that gave me another thaught. you could text photos. little harder to steal from google that way, and you could say i want to see from another angle. flip it over or something. stand it up... so on.

09RappySe
02-16-2011, 06:51 AM
When buying anything used from an unknown source...it is a gamble....period, regardless what is written in the description or any photo's given, unless you see it in person, you will never know for sure.

Nitwhit0921
02-16-2011, 07:23 AM
Yea Texting is fine with most people now considering probably 90% of everyone has a cell phone.