redbull420
02-14-2011, 11:04 PM
whats happen riders
i was wondering what are the best nerfbars that would fit my
05 trx 400ex. any sugustion would help alot

thanks

UnderFire
02-14-2011, 11:24 PM
AC Propegs are great, a lot of people also use Pro Armors, they are both great companys, other ones you dont see as often but are good are Blingstar, IMS, Tusk, UM, and there are many others.

Are you looking for a nerf bar with or without heelguards?

400man
02-15-2011, 12:34 AM
heres a pic of my alba pro peg nerf bars with heel guards. they are the exact same as the tusk brand nerfbars too Im pretty sure. I got mine off ebay for a pretty good deal. im pretty happy with em and they have held up great with the rough *** trail riding I do

http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp255/ky2stroker/400ex450r007.jpg

Honda#4
02-15-2011, 07:53 AM
Depends how much you wanna spend and if your looking for heels or no heels like Underfire said.

I personally went with IMS-ROLL cuz there nerf package is all separate so if you bend or break something you can just replace that specific piece. Plus they have great customer service and quality parts but at a price some stay away from.

CJM
02-15-2011, 08:15 AM
Ive got the tuck/alba nerfs, very happy with them and they were less than 200 bucks on ebay.

PLF
02-15-2011, 08:23 AM
Back in the day when I baught my DG nerf bars, bars with heel guards when much less common but if I would do it again I would buy with heel guards without hesitation. I often find my heels rubbing on my rear tires when leanning on the rear to the max or doing a leaned back wheely...

redbull420
02-15-2011, 10:14 AM
i want heel guards and im thinking of spending anywhere around 350 -400 bucks

CJM
02-15-2011, 12:56 PM
Heel guards are the main reason I bought mine. Almost ran over my foot a few times since I was just running pegs.

If I had to buy nice ones Id buy pro armor or rath, not cheap but built well. Still Im impressed with my tusk/albas. They bolt on with a peg attacthment that goes on in place of the peg, the rear mounds where the stock heel guards went and on the front motor mounts. I did replace the hardware with grade 8 bolts after I snapped a one tho-didnt trust the stuff they sent after that. FWIW for the price everyone i know is impressed with them and so far they have held up super well.

hondaracer_34
02-15-2011, 01:43 PM
When I had a 400ex, I ran Blingtar nerfs, nothing imo compared to them, they were the best to me. Check these out if you have the cash to spend.

I think the tusk/albas are junk, a friend that races MX with me has them and the nets ripped within a week, heel gaurds are broken, and thats pretty shi**y quality, but others will think different.

http://www.blingstar.com/default.asp

CJM
02-15-2011, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by hondaracer_34

I think the tusk/albas are junk, a friend that races MX with me has them and the nets ripped within a week, heel gaurds are broken, and thats pretty shi**y quality, but others will think different.

I spose your probably right, I dont race mx and beat the ever living crap out of the machine so I doubt mine will break anytime soon.

hondaracer_34
02-15-2011, 02:12 PM
I didnt mean to sound like an ********* man lol, i guess it depends on what kind of riding your gonna do too.

CJM
02-15-2011, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by hondaracer_34
I didnt mean to sound like an ********* man lol, i guess it depends on what kind of riding your gonna do too. Sorry I forgot my sarcasm smiley too.

Were cool, I was just pointing out that for the average rider most nerfs will work fine. MX and racing in general puts alot more undue stress than the quad was ever designed for too.

hondaracer_34
02-15-2011, 07:08 PM
I didnt know that Rath Racing made nerfs for the 400ex now, thats pretty cool, Rath is top notch stuff, I would check them out.

sheweezy
02-15-2011, 07:19 PM
Would also recommend the Tusk Pro Peg Nerf Bars with Heel Guards, can get the off Ebay or Rockymountainatv from like 150-200, rode em hard for over a year with no problems at all..i think tusk overall is a great underrated brand especially for the money...

ridein'red7
02-18-2011, 05:52 PM
u.m nerfs wid heel and propreg are insane

400Trooper
02-18-2011, 05:56 PM
Check out the "Rock" net propeg nerfs that Motosport carries! Very cool design, nets upper and lower, mud won't load up on them! They will be my next set!

426kidz
02-20-2011, 05:56 PM
if your not gonna be riddin super hard or anythin than just get some tusk ones off ebay for a hundred or less shipped....my buddie has them and they look super nice just doubt they would hold up to hard riddin!..he just rides around all day never jumpin or beatin on it:rolleyes: