PDA

View Full Version : Jeting

greencow
02-14-2011, 03:49 PM
I know you should or need to re jet your carb once you get a new full pipe. My one friend got a new full yoshi pipe for his atv and he refuses to think that he need to rejet his carb. I know it can cause some bad stuff that you dont want to happen. It comes down to why buy a 400$ pipe and not a 7$ jet haha. I would just like to know the stuff that can happen or what it can lead to so i can tell him.

Thanks,
Connor

honda400ex2003
02-14-2011, 04:03 PM
it will lean it out from lack of gasoline to match the added air flow thus resulting in added heat and could cause a piston to melt down if not running with the proper air/fuel ratio.

it can burn valves, bend valves that get too hot, burn valve seals, and blow rings from the extra heat also. It can cause detonation from the lean condition causing pitting on the top of the piston also which will cause problems with the dome and top of piston resulting in very poor heat spread after the ignition and detonation of the fuel mixture

this is the simple explanation. It can get worse with plenty of other issues.

steve

PLF
02-14-2011, 04:13 PM
On top of all the problem he could have he will also not exploit all the performance that his setup could generate...

greencow
02-14-2011, 06:19 PM
Thanks guys i will pass this on to him, how long would it take for most of thees issues to come about?

AtvKid4Eva
02-14-2011, 06:31 PM
Not too long.. tell him to park it until he jets it so he doesn't cause any damage