PDA

View Full Version : Fouling plug on start

Nathan91
02-13-2011, 04:30 PM
I got on my 04 today to ride a little after patching a tire, last time i rode it was a week ago and it ran just fine and everything.
Today its about 25 degrees warmer and i went to start it and it fired right up and died so i messed with the choke and started again and it ran for a sec, added throttle and it died, third try no fire. So i figured it foul'd the plug, checked and yep it had so put a new one in and same thing foul'd it after a couple starts and messing with the choke. I have had the 4wheeler for like 8months and ride at least once a week usually 3plus times and have never had it foul a plug and today it went through two before even getting warmed up. I started it like i always do and everything, and haven't changed anything from last week when i rode it for about 4hours.
One thing i did notice when it was running it seemed to be hitting hard every one or two seconds or so. I didn't know what that could be either.

HondaPohl
02-13-2011, 04:41 PM
I had an issue with my wifes warrior. The floats stuck and the extra gas was sucking into the cylinder, leaking out and making it run like ****. Fouled the plug. It would be a good place to start.

Nathan91
02-13-2011, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by HondaPohl
I had an issue with my wifes warrior. The floats stuck and the extra gas was sucking into the cylinder, leaking out and making it run like ****. Fouled the plug. It would be a good place to start.

But i haven't messed with the carb in awhile, last week it ran fine. It wont even be warmed up before it fouls the plug. But i can take a look at the float tomorrow i guess.

Nathan91
02-14-2011, 04:13 PM
Well i took the second plug out today and to my surprise it looked just fine. So i guess it wasn't fouling plugs. So i checked for a spark and the plug was sparking just fine but it didn't smell like gas. I tried to start it and it would only start if i had the throttle about half open and then only run for a sec and it'd only do that once before doing nothing again.
So my conclusion is that its not getting gas. I checked the usual suspects like fuel being turned on and it was all fine. I guess im gonna take apart the carb and try to see if anything is clogged up. Is there a good way to check the carb fuel line? Can you just blow through it and hear or feel it?

If ya got any ideas why its not getting fuel let me know, thanks

HondaPohl
02-14-2011, 05:03 PM
Just pull the hose and blow carb or brake clean through it.