View Full Version : aftermarket swingarm...

jcs003
02-13-2011, 03:30 PM
anyone running an aftermarket swingarm and can tell me if there are any weight differences?

i know the chromoly swingarms are stronger. just wondering if they are lighter.

thanks,

john

PaRedneckRiders
02-13-2011, 03:34 PM
Im running a lonestar + 1 1/4, and its like 10 times heavier.
The stock swingarm is hollow and my lonestar is solid.

But im not gonna complain to much cause i got an 800$$ swingarm for 200$ cause its the chrome one.

Honda5
02-13-2011, 06:02 PM
A solid swingarm? That thing must weigh 80 pounds . Most aftermarket ones are about twice the weight.

Honda#4
02-13-2011, 06:34 PM
There's a big difference with my Roll swinger compared to stock. I don't know the exact weight but id say it's 2-5lbs heavier than stock but thats the quality you get from having Roll Design.

NacsMXer
02-13-2011, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Honda#4
There's a big difference with my Roll swinger compared to stock. I don't know the exact weight but id say it's 2-5lbs heavier than stock but thats the quality you get from having Roll Design.

X2

You wouldn't think it to look at it, but many quality aftermarket swingarms are quite a bit heavier than stock, and for good reason. Cast aluminum vs. chromoly steel.

The stock swinger is light but it's very weak. I cracked mine clean off like in the pic below doing a step up jump one time. I bought another stocker for cheap to get me by but then I found a deal on here for a Roll chromoly swinger, so I jumped on it lol. I don't expect the Roll swinger to be cracking like that anytime soon. The weight actually balances quite well since the quad has matching Roll arms up front which are also BEEF.
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/8316/swingersg.jpg (http://img35.imageshack.us/i/swingersg.jpg/)

jcs003
02-14-2011, 01:56 AM
i also cracked a stock swinger. i couldnt be sure of the weight differences based on materials. seeing how chromoly is light for being as strong as it is.

PaRedneckRiders
02-14-2011, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by Honda5
A solid swingarm? That thing must weigh 80 pounds . Most aftermarket ones are about twice the weight.
Ok idk if it solid but its deffinitly 5lbs heavier if not a little more. If i get a chance this week ill weight it so i can get an idea of what the thing weights.