PDA

View Full Version : Anybodys water in the house light on fire wtf !!!!!!!!!

xtremelimit
02-13-2011, 12:34 PM
hey i was just watching a documentary on gas drilling ...hydraulic fracturing ...This is not good just wondering if any of you guys have flamable water out there.............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZe1AeH0Qz8

buck440
02-13-2011, 12:55 PM
i don't think water is flamable, but i could be wrong

xtremelimit
02-13-2011, 01:00 PM
Its not the water its the gas coming out ...

Tommy Warren
02-13-2011, 01:00 PM
I hate when my water catches on fire... :huh

and when you grab an ice cube from the tray and burn yourself... then the ice cube spontaneously combusts.....it sucks

xtremelimit
02-13-2011, 01:02 PM
I guess i should have worded it different but if anybody has this problem they know exactly what im talking about ....

xtremelimit
02-13-2011, 01:03 PM
Did not know we had so many wise asses out here unreal...

buck440
02-13-2011, 01:23 PM
actually it's wise ***, i stated i didn't know that. chill out there pauly.

xtremelimit
02-13-2011, 01:46 PM
I put the es for more than one .....was really for tommy warren but whatever .....gotta love it...

Hondamaster5505
02-13-2011, 02:29 PM
Boo hoo. It's all part of being on an online forum.

I will say though, that's pretty strange.

250x_kyle
02-13-2011, 02:46 PM
yeah my buddy showed me that about a month ago. crazy stuff.

xtremelimit
02-13-2011, 03:05 PM
It is crazy lol i was just seeing if anybody has experienced this first hand..........

Quad18star
02-13-2011, 03:42 PM
I saw this on the news a few weeks back... pretty interesting stuff.

yfzttracer76
02-13-2011, 07:12 PM
Whats really crazy is spontaneous human combustion....

slightlybent47
02-13-2011, 11:05 PM
Yeah I’ve seen cases where natural gas or methane has gotten into ground water.
Bad stuff for sure but last month we had a news report that said in my area we have the highest radiation level in the country in our well water. I have been using well water all my life; no wonder my pee glows in the dark!

buck440
02-14-2011, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by yfzttracer76
Whats really crazy is spontaneous human combustion....

that is crazy stuff. often a smoker falls asleep or has a heart attack and their cloths or chair catches fire. while burning the persons skin starts to crack showing the persons yellow body fat. the fat melts into the the persons cloths giving it more fuel to burn. this is called the "wick effect" and it's got to be the coolest way to go lol. google pictures of it, pretty neat.:macho

bens250ex
02-14-2011, 09:57 AM
good ol USofF'nA..... gotta love what this country does for oil and shat, pathetic if you ask me. Alot of these big companies and gov agencies need to be beat to hell. i personally wish i could smack some of these people in the face

RATPACK Z400
02-14-2011, 11:16 AM
It no laughing matter in 10-20 yrs from now NO water in mid-west will be drinkable cause of this drilling for natural gas BS ! the gov can enter your property and set up drill WITHOUT your permision and start drilling and it always pollute your water to the point you can open faulset and hold match and flames shootout ! GAS LAND is the movie that explains this you need to see this if you live in the mid west ! your property is NEXT !The movie has a map of where all natural gas is and where there gonna drill so If I lived west of maryland to Arizona your in the hot spot!

TheLane
02-14-2011, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Hondamaster5505
Boo hoo. It's all part of being on an online forum.

No its not. Its only part of being on a honda forum:devil:

Anyways thats crazy...And i live in AZ. im gonna try and light my water on fire tonight! :P

(if it works...maybe I wont need to buy fuel for my bike anymore:eek2: )

slightlybent47
02-14-2011, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by RATPACK Z400
It no laughing matter in 10-20 yrs from now NO water in mid-west will be drinkable cause of this drilling for natural gas BS ! the gov can enter your property and set up drill WITHOUT your permision and start drilling and it always pollute your water to the point you can open faulset and hold match and flames shootout ! GAS LAND is the movie that explains this you need to see this if you live in the mid west ! your property is NEXT !The movie has a map of where all natural gas is and where there gonna drill so If I lived west of maryland to Arizona your in the hot spot!

Ok so we don’t want to be dependant on oil from over seas. And you don’t want to drill here. So just where do you propose we get our oil?

Tommy Warren
02-14-2011, 08:09 PM
santa will bring it...

slightlybent47
02-14-2011, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
santa will bring it...

Thats right ........ I forgot about santa!

buck440
02-14-2011, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by slightlybent47
Ok so we don’t want to be dependant on oil from over seas. And you don’t want to drill here. So just where do you propose we get our oil?

im no environmental freak or anything, heck i change my oil on the ground but it amazes my why were not going more with wind power, solar power, hydoelectric power, hech you can even use the north and south magnetic fields for unlimited power. it quickly pays for it's self, efficient, clean, and depending on your setup the power company pays you for putting power in the grid. you just got to wonder what the higher up limp **** **** heads are even thinking sometimes. i would almost wonder if were better off with anarchy.

brian76708
02-14-2011, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by buck440
im no environmental freak or anything, heck i change my oil on the ground but it amazes my why were not going more with wind power, solar power, hydoelectric power, hech you can even use the north and south magnetic fields for unlimited power. it quickly pays for it's self, efficient, clean, and depending on your setup the power company pays you for putting power in the grid. you just got to wonder what the higher up limp **** **** heads are even thinking sometimes. i would almost wonder if were better off with anarchy.

its because the technology isn't there yet it takes more energy to build a windmill/ solar panels then they will ever make . Nuclear power plants is the answer but who wants to live by one.

buck440
02-14-2011, 10:57 PM
not sure what you mean by the technology isn't here? windmills have been around almost 3,000 years and water power (not electricity) has been around longer. in japan they have trains that have magnets on the rails that move it well over 150mph yet we have diesel trains that get a few mpg. maby the us is too broke or something hell idk. i shouldn't give too much of a **** anyway since a year ago i started a savings account to move out of the country in about 8 years anyway. switzerland, here i come!

slightlybent47
02-14-2011, 11:25 PM
There is so much technology that we could drastically cut our dependency on oil. We will still need oil and coal but we could cut our use by using wind, hydro, solar and lightning energy in areas where we don’t need oil or gas. The biggest hurtle we have is being able to store electricity on a large scale. All electric power is produced on demand; we have no way to store it. Solar and wind power has come a long way and we could use it in lots of appreciations and stop using oil to produce so much of our electricity.
The federal government can and will step in at some point and tax solar and wind power like they do everything else.

250x_kyle
02-15-2011, 09:24 AM
oh theres all kinds of messed up stuff related to mining and drilling. dont forget about Centralia pa.

RATPACK Z400
02-15-2011, 09:55 AM
There drilling for natural gas not oil ! Too drill natural Gas they put 900 different chemicals in ground mixed with water and pump it in with high pressure till the rock cracks then gas is released the water is mixed with chemicals (900) and each hole they drill 500galllons of this mixture is pumped in ,polluting the surounding water supply ! Like I said before Its NOT OIL ! Yes Nuclear IS the future I live 5miles from one now not a big deal ! We stop building nuclear many yrs ago and need to start building them again if the Democats/EPA would stop and see the benefits of it. many countrys have it and there been no problems with pollution/water/exploding.this is the only way this country will be able to fix its depends on oil not all but alot ! wind/solar not good enuff and TOO expensive !

brian76708
02-15-2011, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by slightlybent47
There is so much technology that we could drastically cut our dependency on oil. We will still need oil and coal but we could cut our use by using wind, hydro, solar and lightning energy in areas where we don’t need oil or gas. The biggest hurtle we have is being able to store electricity on a large scale. All electric power is produced on demand; we have no way to store it. Solar and wind power has come a long way and we could use it in lots of appreciations and stop using oil to produce so much of our electricity.
The federal government can and will step in at some point and tax solar and wind power like they do everything else.

Your just jumping on the greeno band wagon. it is just not cost effective yet to use windmills/solar if it was then there would be a lot more.This is why i say the technology Isn't there because its not. And we don't burn oil for electricity we use Coal.

RATPACK Z400
02-16-2011, 08:27 AM
Solar Power you would need tocover entire roof with panels and would cost as much as your house cost to do! wind power only works when wind blows so if its not a windy day your screwed! plus it would take up too many acres of land for little power! nuclear is the way to go and this GOV better see this or where screwed .The drilling of Natural Gas is polluting are drinking water and if not stopped we will be buying water like oil !and the crops will die/animals /farms will not be able to produce food ! water IS are most valuble resourse !Thats a scary thought !

buck440
02-16-2011, 08:46 AM
you don't need to cover your entire roof with panels lol. this is my cousins house in nevada. all said and done it was around $7k it pays for its self in about 5 years and since he is tied into the system the power company pays him for what he puts back in which it does. as for wind turbine you don't need wind 24/7 i believe just a couple hours a day slow spinning is enough to power a average house and most of the turbine kits are from $1k to $3k for a family size house. know before you speak.

CJM
02-16-2011, 08:47 AM
Just not feasible money wise to have a full green setup at your home. The panels are $$$, most places dont generate enough wind to make use of a mill, water power is nice but not everyone can have it. Solars way to go, but in order to store it you need a battery bank which the panels charge, then store the energy. You also need a very $$$ inverter setup to convert that usable household current from 12v. You also need to setup your home to run it, buy devices that work off either 12v directly or more efficient power devices. The edison bulb wastes alot of cash, but right now for the cost it beats out the LED and the florescent by a long shot.

We could save tons of money and be less dependent on oil if we switched to diesel cars. 2-3x the mpg of your gas car, less refining time making diesel and simpler cars. BUT whats stopping us is the EPA who seem to feel we are polluting so badly we should live with what we have. Also we cannot import efficient diesel vehicles b/c they dont meet our crash test ratings either.

We also (as a nation) have more oil than the entire middle east. But we wont drill it b/c that would drive prices down and the big oil companies would literally have a sh_t fit.

Need I also mention they once had some type of patented carburetor that got insane MPG, the oil companies bought them out or shut them down (take your pic as to what really happened).

Doesnt anyone else find it odd that we can build all these cars and they really dont get much better mpg than they did 20 years ago?

As for fracking and the gas, that is truly messed up. Like the EPA wont allow us to drill for oil-but they will allow fracking. You see the consequences of whats happened by those effected. Still you must wonder, did they agree to the gas drilling or did they not purchase thewater and mineral rights to thier land when they bought it (stupid and now they are SOL if they dont have it)?

DnB_racing
02-16-2011, 09:35 AM
you don't need to cover your entire roof with panels lol. this is my cousins house in nevada. all said and done it was around $7k it pays for its self in about 5 years and since he is tied into the system the power company pays him for what he puts back in which it does. as for wind turbine you don't need wind 24/7 i believe just a couple hours a day slow spinning is enough to power a average house and most of the turbine kits are from $1k to $3k for a family size house. know before you speak. for under $3000 isn't enough to power a average home these kits are usually 12v and under 3000watts (basically 2 electric space heaters) to power a house you really need 1.5kw 120/240v with a transfer switch to be able to use the utility when low wind,
yes you can get kits that charge a battery bank to run a pump or similar but to really supply the average home the price with permits and installation of everything including a separate meter to keep track of power generated to sell back and tying into the grid is around $15000

and as far as solar the cost of panels is about 2.50 per watt making it at lest twice as much to install over wind.. the average home solar panel costs about $600 per panel and produces around 225watts per panel during peek hours

national grid doesnt really want the average Joe to generate power and risk a error bumping them off the grid with a spike or system error, and as such the permits are very regulated and inspected closely

RATPACK Z400
02-16-2011, 11:07 AM
Yes it may pay off in Nevada/Arizona were the sun shines 365 days ayr but for the rest of us its worthless ! wind power takes up too much land and needs backup when the wind does,t blow . and you would need to trim all trees by house for panels to get sun light there alot more costs to it !I just cant believe the EPA doe,s nothing about natural gas fracking but shuts down riding areas/companys so fast over air pollution ! this country always sides with the Liberal democrate nut jobs that dont know anything about the enviroment there trying to protect ! its funny when you hear this nut jobs preach about cleanair/pollution and dont know what there talking about and never reseached what there saying just repeting what some liberal group told them to say! believe it like its the bible! Air quilty has increased by 15% since the 80,s thats awesome but you wont hear anybody saying those facts ! and the airquilty control standards are set to California standards is a joke!

CJM
02-16-2011, 11:27 AM
^ Welcome to why America will sooner or later fail Rat..

DnB_racing
02-16-2011, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by RATPACK Z400
Yes it may pay off in Nevada/Arizona were the sun shines 365 days ayr but for the rest of us its worthless ! wind power takes up too much land and needs backup when the wind does,t blow . and you would need to trim all trees by house for panels to get sun light there alot more costs to it !I just cant believe the EPA doe,s nothing about natural gas fracking but shuts down riding areas/companys so fast over air pollution ! this country always sides with the Liberal democrate nut jobs that dont know anything about the enviroment there trying to protect ! its funny when you hear this nut jobs preach about cleanair/pollution and dont know what there talking about and never reseached what there saying just repeting what some liberal group told them to say! believe it like its the bible! Air quilty has increased by 15% since the 80,s thats awesome but you wont hear anybody saying those facts ! and the airquilty control standards are set to California standards is a joke! I dont even think it would payoff in those states you would still need somewhere around 60 panels to supply the average home at $600 a piece, it would take many years to pay off, as a supplemental source sure its helpful but that's it!!!

CJM
02-16-2011, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by DnB_racing
I dont even think it would payoff in those states you would still need somewhere around 60 panels to supply the average home at $600 a piece, it would take many years to pay off, as a supplemental source sure its helpful but that's it!!!

Thats why you gotta cut back on what you use and basically re-setup your home to be much more efficient.

To get panels all you gotta do is do it all yourself. Call up the supplier,t hey usually will cut you a break if your ordering alot of panels. Also the panels arent powering the house straight up-like I said battery bank and inverter is how its done. Panels charge batteries, batteries power house.

-Most homes are poorly insulated, address that problem and you lose less heat and use less energy to heat.

-Go to wood burning stove and you save there.

-Unplug all unused devices besides your phone, tv, etc. Things draw even when shut off-computers are the worst!

-Switch all bulbs to either LED (still $$) or florescents and save.

-Store the energy from the solar panels in a battery bank to be used later/on demand

-Junk your hot water heater and go to an on demand tankless one

-Switch out things like old appliances, electric stoves, etc. Either with more modern efficient ones or in the case of the stove-propane. Also dont use the appliances all day long. Set them on timers to run for periods of about an hour (once they are fully cooled like a fridge then this canbe done) or convert to propane fridges. This way, it only runs enough to chill the food and the insulation int he unit holds the cool-like a cooler and ice works.

The list is endless and unless your home is already designed and setup like that from day 1 its quite $$$ to get it all done.

slightlybent47
02-16-2011, 12:26 PM
There always room for us to cut back and stop wasting energy. We all waste it to some extent, but there are some that do a good job at conserving. But most of that is due to the poor economy and people without jobs or low income, for what ever the reason may be are forced to do so.

There are some new technologies being used, such as on traffic signs and signals, things like this go a long was in conserving electricity.
For instance the power co. just installed smart meters on all my buildings so now they don’t have to send a meter reader out to read the meter. It’s done by satellite. The question is will they pass that savings to the costumer or will it just increase there profit margin? All the small things will add up, but I’m afraid that until we start having rolling blackouts for extended periods of time, most will not do anything on there own to conserve.
When times are good and the money is coming in on a regular basis we tend to waste more then do when we are tight on money.

When you have multi billion dollar company’s doing everything they can to keep this technology down instead of jumping in and making it work then it will never happen or at least not until there is no more oil.

There is a lot of good information out there but there also is a lot of disinformation as well. Do we have more oil here or dose someone else? Have we reached peek production or is there more oil yet to be discovered? Is there really a technology that will get 100 mpg or is that a myth?
It all depends on who you want to believe.

TheLane
02-16-2011, 12:55 PM
and heres where you should really be deterred from buying solar panels. Bird poop.

http://www.easyecoblog.com/i/solar-panels-solar-energy/Dirty-Solar-Panels.jpg

buck440
02-16-2011, 02:01 PM
if someone it to ******* lazy to clean them, yes the have some maintenance, they shouldnt buy them. boy america is getting so damn lazy.

DnB_racing
02-16-2011, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by CJM
Thats why you gotta cut back on what you use and basically re-setup your home to be much more efficient.

To get panels all you gotta do is do it all yourself. Call up the supplier,t hey usually will cut you a break if your ordering alot of panels. Also the panels arent powering the house straight up-like I said battery bank and inverter is how its done. Panels charge batteries, batteries power house.

Ya I know different ways of doing it.. Im actually a controls and instrumentation electrician at a power generating plant,(trash burner) and we have a wind farm also and many battery back up systems

but here in Mass ( and i think nation wide)you really cant do it yourself, unless you have someone sign for the permits, and then the licence holder is holding the liability if something happens... most licence holders wont take the risk of letting someone do the work under there licence.. and there is no way to sneak this past the local inspectors the large panels kinda give it away

CJM
02-16-2011, 03:01 PM
Maybe in MA, here, elsewhere I know of you can do it yourself with no issues.

DnB_racing
02-16-2011, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by CJM
Maybe in MA, here, elsewhere I know of you can do it yourself with no issues. in mass the home owner cant pull his own permits anymore, and im sure there are many other states the same...the building trades are trying to make this nation wide, and with the building down and the economy the way it is it wont be long before it is nation wide

slightlybent47
02-16-2011, 04:04 PM
I just caught the end of a program on the History channel and it said that the world uses 100 million barrels of oil every day. And in ten years it will jump to 200 million a day. That’s crazy!

buck440
02-16-2011, 05:19 PM
lol depending on how you think about it oil can be good since all it is is dead plants and animals from millions of years ago:D if the earth is still around in millions of years we'll be oil too :blah:

DnB_racing
02-16-2011, 06:13 PM
lol depending on how you think about it oil can be good since all it is is dead plants and animals from millions of years ago:D if the earth is still around in millions of years we'll be oil too :blah: us Italians will add a little extra oil for the fine people of the future!!

buck440
02-16-2011, 06:27 PM
LMAO! mexicans will be the oil in sardine cans or dapper dan. i hope klotz will still be around. i wouldn't mind being in that.