View Full Version : Houston SX

jrspawn
02-13-2011, 10:47 AM
Well, what did everyone think of the race?

02-13-2011, 11:16 AM
First lap i was like :eek: When windham was rolling i was like :) When stewart fell again i was like :eek2: When windham fell i was like :( and when canard won i was like :D

RATPACK Z400
02-13-2011, 11:32 AM
seems stewart caused his own crashs ! windham would have never been able to hold off Carnard/Dungy IMO. great race looks like there be some fighting for first next week should be exciting to watch thats for sure!

02-13-2011, 11:34 AM
I was thinking the same about windham at first, but he was actually pulling away from canard a tiny bit until he wrecked. He was really rolling on that track.

RATPACK Z400
02-13-2011, 11:56 AM
Windham is just riding cause he loves it he and everybody knows he dont stand a chance winning a championship this yr or any other yr ! He should retire while still in good health and not retire cause of serious crash IMO. He would make a great team manager !

jcv400ex
02-13-2011, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by RATPACK Z400
seems stewart caused his own crashs ! windham would have never been able to hold off Carnard/Dungy IMO. great race looks like there be some fighting for first next week should be exciting to watch thats for sure!

They say Reed is a dirty racer. Stewart rammed Reed in the first corner, then almost jumped on top of Jason Thomas, landing on his back tire....I can't stand the guy, I pray he doesn't win another championship!!!!

jesseweaver
02-13-2011, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
They say Reed is a dirty racer. Stewart rammed Reed in the first corner, then almost jumped on top of Jason Thomas, landing on his back tire....I can't stand the guy, I pray he doesn't win another championship!!!!

yea he was a little agressive but the first turn crash, he lost traction and slid into dungy then had too much speed and hit reed and when he hit thomos i can see why, he was panicing becasue he was so far back and he tried to triple and it was too late, thomos was only doubling and there was nothing he could about it by then.

i was so upset that windham crashed i really wanted to see him win but it was nice seeing canard win too. i liked watching that battle between him and dungy the last few lapss

madskrillz2
02-13-2011, 10:47 PM
I didn't even get to see the 450's. Sounds like it was nothing I wanted to see. Sucks Malcom layed it down in the first corner. Wanted to see if he was really up to all the hype.

rbgnwa45
02-13-2011, 11:13 PM
Dungey, Villo, and Short looked real fast & clean. Reed and Stewart looked pressured the entire time... they're getting old. What happened to Dub? He looked like he backed off and cased a tad? He got pretty lucky as to where the bike landed, I'm not sure if the rear tire hit his leg, but it looked like it went right between his legs while he was rolling. If Stewart would be more consistant instead of balls out everywhere than he'd have a better chance.

Should we start a Stewart-crash wager? Odds are in your favor! :devil:

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
02-14-2011, 12:48 AM
That was quite a bum start. I really wanted to see Villopoto on top but Canard deserved it also.

m0t0xk1d
02-14-2011, 06:21 AM
Its funny how you guys knock on stewart for crashing in the first turn but how many of you guys have come into a sharp corner and theres a tangle up. just about all of you becuase thats a part of racing it happens.

Also stewarts second crash wasnt really his fault. if you watched the video carefully there was alot of room between the 2 in the corner before but Thomas didnt double at all. he jumped onto the second jump then onto the table. he didnt make it over the second jump to double which really slowed him down. Stewart had enough speed for the triple. which carried alot more speed and they caught up to each when stewart landed. Its not like hes going to slam on the brakes in the corner and lose all rhythm in the section.

I really dont see why you all hate stewart. You say he rides all balls out and crashes alot but it seems villopoto has been the on trying to catch up and crash. villipoto has crashed more then stewart this year in races.

madskrillz2
02-14-2011, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by m0t0xk1d
Its funny how you guys knock on stewart for crashing in the first turn but how many of you guys have come into a sharp corner and theres a tangle up. just about all of you becuase thats a part of racing it happens.

Also stewarts second crash wasnt really his fault. if you watched the video carefully there was alot of room between the 2 in the corner before but Thomas didnt double at all. he jumped onto the second jump then onto the table. he didnt make it over the second jump to double which really slowed him down. Stewart had enough speed for the triple. which carried alot more speed and they caught up to each when stewart landed. Its not like hes going to slam on the brakes in the corner and lose all rhythm in the section.

I really dont see why you all hate stewart. You say he rides all balls out and crashes alot but it seems villopoto has been the on trying to catch up and crash. villipoto has crashed more then stewart this year in races.

I don't understand it either. I have just quit trying to take up for him so I avoid the conflict. I guess some people just view him like Lawrence. If there's anybody that I can't stand, it's Lawrence so I guess I can see where they're coming from. Even though Stewart is nowhere near that low of a person.

BuB400
02-14-2011, 06:53 PM
You could fill a dvd of leaps that Stewart has landed on top of bikes/people. The announcers were thankful that HE didn't get hurt? What a tool.

rollie
02-14-2011, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by BuB400
You could fill a dvd of leaps that Stewart has landed on top of bikes/people. The announcers were thankful that HE didn't get hurt? What a tool.

i agree, sure hes fast but he's proven time and time again he has absolutely no respect or regard for anyone else on the track, hes landed on dan reardon (sp), thomas, Carmichael, thats who just comes to mind immediately.

i loved watching the 450s race though, it was so nice to see windham out front, i was hoping he could pull it off so bad, and i don't care about the people who thinks there personal super hero whether it be TC41,RD1,or RV2 would have caught up and passed him, he was laying down some really solid laps.

jesseweaver
02-14-2011, 08:59 PM
stewart is a lot better than he used to be for riding smart. seems like he gets a lot of **** for his crashes but what about the other 19 guys out there? when they crash its just "oh yea he made a mistake it happens" if stewart was in windhams position and it was him that crashed with that big lead he would get torn apart. when kdub crashes everyone feels so bad for him. dont get me wrong though i feel bad for him i really would have like to see him win that race. and stewarts first turn crash? i dont see how he can get so much **** for that :confused: it happens all the time, to everyone.

i dont think stewarts putting anyone at risk anymore than those guys in practice who arent even tripling anything when they have 20 of the worlds fastest guys all around them. those are the guys that should get all the criticizm. unless you think they should make everyone step it off a little and only triple or quad rhythym sections when no one else is on the track for it to be safer for the slower guys?

i cant count how many times this year stewart has been out front early and got passed by someone (in mains and heats) and just played it calm and picked them off a lap or 2 later and cruised for the W. i was really surprised how canard acted with all that pressure from dungy, i thought for sure he'd do something stupid especially when dungy passed him but i was impressed with how he kept his cool and passed him back then even held him off on the last lap or 2

jcv400ex
02-14-2011, 09:25 PM
Instead of backing off in the first turn from his bad start...he just blantly plowed into Reed and hoped for the best. Canard has been the most consistent rider this year so far...and that's how you win championships!

KDub spun out in a turn and lost speed and tried the rhythm section anyway, cased a jump and got tossed off pretty hard.

SRH
02-14-2011, 11:13 PM
hey im a big stewart fan...id just like to clarify stewart isnt a dirty racer... he takes ppl out because he rides the track like no one else is there..and yes its dangerous...but hes not maliciously taking ppl out

the other guys are like cars going 45 in the fast lane

id really like to see reed and stewart back up front

madskrillz2
02-14-2011, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by SRH
hey im a big stewart fan...id just like to clarify stewart isnt a dirty racer... he takes ppl out because he rides the track like no one else is there..and yes its dangerous...but hes not maliciously taking ppl out

the other guys are like cars going 45 in the fast lane

id really like to see reed and stewart back up front

This

quad2xtreme
02-15-2011, 07:00 AM
I'd like to see lapped riders have to pull off the track...race day over. You made it to the main but...now you are just getting in the way. Those guys are dangerous to the most elite riders.

jrspawn
02-15-2011, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
I'd like to see lapped riders have to pull off the track...race day over. You made it to the main but...now you are just getting in the way. Those guys are dangerous to the most elite riders.

Sometimes it's also those same elite racers who go a lap down and can be dangerous. When James was a down and RV was close to going around him James took the inside line and went all the way wide after starting the section. RV got choked up into the bails, not blaming that on james, but he should know better than anyone how important it
Is for a lapper to maintain their line.

quad2xtreme
02-15-2011, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by jrspawn
Sometimes it's also those same elite racers who go a lap down and can be dangerous. When James was a down and RV was close to going around him James took the inside line and went all the way wide after starting the section. RV got choked up into the bails, not blaming that on james, but he should know better than anyone how important it

I like racing when Stewart is in there but agree he should have had to call it a day. I actually think lappers should get signaled to leave when the leader is within 2 seconds of them...otherwise lappers might fight too hard right when they are getting lapped. Imagine how aggressive Stewart would be in that situation not to get passed. Too much chaos with lappers slowing down and changing lines when getting lapped. It is difficult to know who is lapping you and who you are ahead of anyhow. One board could tell a rider who is in the lead and then you'd know when that person is coming up on you that your day is just about over.

madskrillz2
02-15-2011, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by jrspawn

It just never happens to him so he honestly probably doesn't know any better lol :D

jrspawn
02-15-2011, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
It just never happens to him so he honestly probably doesn't know any better lol :D

yeah most of the the time he takes his self out also, he was just lucky enough this time he could get back on his bike......:blah:

Lasher
02-15-2011, 10:23 AM
First off...this has been some of the best racing in a long time in the 450 class.

I watched the Houston race last night and here are my thoughts...

Holeshot
James was all over the place. His rear tire was bouncing off everyone on either side. When they reached the first turn no one was backing down and it turned into a cluster F. I blame this on the track designers. Make a decent first turn, squeeze them but at least give the riders a chance to make it.

K-Dub
Good to see him leading and glad to hear it is nothing serious.

Stewert Crash
Not sure where I stand on this one, I watched that part a couple times on the computer last night. My only question is this...if Thomas made the double (which he cased) would he have still been hit by James? Because James committed to the jump, prior to Thomas casing the landing.

Because that section is also were jrspawn is talking about Stewert getting in the way. After James was a lap down, he was hitting that section as fast as the leaders passing him. Once he was on top of those table tops. James would move out of the way in the corners.

Just glad the racing is close and we never know what to expect. And it is amazing how many "good passes" there are with the tight racing this year.

trxredrider
02-15-2011, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Lasher

Holeshot
James was all over the place. His rear tire was bouncing off everyone on either side. When they reached the first turn no one was backing down and it turned into a cluster F. I blame this on the track designers. Make a decent first turn, squeeze them but at least give the riders a chance to make it.
Man, what's with all the complaining on websites about the Houston first turn? These guys are PROFESSIONALS and should understand how to attack that corner on the start. They should practice for any tricky track situation such as that one.

Lasher
02-15-2011, 11:16 AM
I agree that they are professionals and should be able to handle any type of first turn.

But if people (not refering to anyone in particular) are going to place blame on the traffic jam, it should be either of theses...

1) The entire starting field for being complete morons. If no one backs down, then it will be a mess. Which is what happened.

2) Track designers for making such a tight turn that invites the idiots to think more with the wrist than the brain.

Either way, I hope all the riders finally learn that you cannot win the race on the first turn, but you sure can loose it on the first turn.

rbgnwa45
02-15-2011, 11:26 AM
I didn't speculate Stews' bashing & crashing, it's just that you see it often so you're like well he's probably riding faster than he thinks he can again :o.

If Stew didn't know the other guy would case and he trippled prior than it's not his fault - it's not like the guy plans to land on people, but I start to wonder if he tries to calculate things like that on the fly, taking bad risks.

People getting out of the way... I think the last person should get out of the way, and then the next person and so on. Not a lot of respect for last place lol. I wonder why they don't pull off anyways, like they think they're quitters or something.

As for the first corner... racing is about slowing down and knowing your place too. Suck it up and take last if you have to. The problem is reaction time when they're all that close.