View Full Version : 86 250r cylinder porting ?'s

trx750gsxr
02-12-2011, 11:44 AM
Doing a ground up re-build on my 86 250r. Question is does any body know where i could get a porting template using a +4 stroker hot rods crank and doing a flat top piston conversion and running a pro design cool head? i know i gotta measure the "TDC" and configure my base gaskets and or spacer plate and measure my squish clearence with the proper dome from pro design. Any input would be greatly appricated.

Grande Huevos
02-13-2011, 08:58 AM
i would just spend the money a let sombody that knows what there doing port it because port work is almost a science and needs to be precise or it will not perform!!! and when using a stroker crank its more complicated then reg crank. i have never seen anybody port there own cylinder and have it work worth a sh*t. its only coulpe hundred $ for perfection

trx750gsxr
02-13-2011, 09:01 AM
my buddy owns poorboy performance inc. hes ported many cylinders but were having trouble looking for a template with the setup i got going on. thinking race logic would be a good one to get it from.....

machwon
02-13-2011, 05:35 PM
I do porting in MI if you can't find a template. I've done lot of the 4mm's with stock cut heads too so it looks stock. Either way, like Grand Huevos said you are better of having someone set it up right or stock ported cylinders without a stroker will hand it to ya.