PDA

View Full Version : 8 X 18 v nose trailers out there ?

sunco
02-12-2011, 10:59 AM
Anyone using an 8 X 18' or 16' v nosed enclosed trailer?

Sold my 18' flatbed. I have a 7 x 14 extra tall as a work shop but thought that getting a new trailer like I mentioned might be good for all around use. Work & play.

finsteratv
02-12-2011, 12:57 PM
we have a non-vnose. i cant remember if its an 8 or possibly an 8.5ft??? but it is 18 long. we have 1 utility quad 1 250ex 2 400ex's and workbench in the front. along with room in the back for a dirtbike if you really squeze, just becuse of the longer utility ATV. we also have all gear hanging on the inside with room for a cooler extra gear etc etc.
GREAT TRAILER SO FAR.

sunco
02-12-2011, 01:07 PM
Kool, I really like the v nose. I thought an 18' might be 18' box plus the v nose, not to sure how they have it set up. I have an f350 7.3 crew to pull it with. We would take three or two quads on average. everything is two plus hours away. I already have a 33' toyhauler & I'm not draggin the sled around. Still looking - new they are around 6 or 7 K if you put some good stuff on em.

finsteratv
02-12-2011, 03:25 PM
id definately go with a V nose like you said you're looking at. we pull our regular with a f-250 with overload stuff 7.3 with some stuff just fine. but you can definately tell how much drag its creating fuel mileage wise even in a diesel. the V nose should help alot though.

JIM GRACE
02-13-2011, 07:33 AM
We have an 8 x 16 v nose enclosed trailer. The v nose adds 2 1/2 feet= 18 1/2 total inside length .
When I ordered it I also paid a couple of bucks extra for a 7' inside height.

The v nose area is perfect for a work bench area and still have 16' for storage

sunco
02-13-2011, 08:46 AM
Jim got any pix? Where did you buy yours from? When I did a search it came up so with a bunch of manufactures from the south, none of whom I ever heard of. 78"seamed to be standard inside I currently own a Pace 7 x 14, extra tall.I'm a carpenter and use it for work,

JIM GRACE
02-13-2011, 09:59 AM
I can snap a couple of pics and post the later. Mostly all trailers are manufactured in the south and then shipped north. The place I ordered it from was in north jersey and I found them on eBay.

Nothing like ordering your trailer the way YOU want it..

sunco
03-03-2011, 05:39 PM
I found one used, the guy wants to much.I put in an offer if it works then I'm in otherwise I will order one, love the v nose.in the south they are around 4 k, but then you have to get it or ship it for 700,, on my test drive with the used one i took a few pix

jherbie28
03-03-2011, 08:47 PM
don check out trailer enterprises in hagerstown (MD). huge inventory and great pricing

sunco
03-04-2011, 07:10 AM
Thanx Josh

sunco
03-07-2011, 06:09 AM
Jim any luck on those pix?

8.5 x 16 v nose is the trailer size I think is great, I pulled a used one last week. I was on the back road, two lane hwy, interstate & backed it into where it would be. All went well except for the fact the guy wanted $3800 for a 5 year old trailer that was the cheapo (china) version....... some cosmetic damage, leaks in two spots, has the cheap frame ( not tubular),no spare tire, & dry rotting tires.

I offered him what is was worth to me but I think we are far away, Waiting to here from him this week. For 3800 I can buy a cheapo brand new - I'd just have to head south to pick it up :rolleyes:

JIM GRACE
03-07-2011, 09:24 AM
I did take some good pics but my computer is not allowing me to download it. I will work on it.
I was in my trailer last night getting it ready for this weekends race, so much room:D

sunco
03-07-2011, 09:44 AM
Good luck this weekend. In flanders we have performance trailers. In pa I think its called allpro? Its in machinicberg, they are the big dealers but no one has what I'm looking for.

mx Eli
03-08-2011, 07:43 PM
when we bought a trailer we talked to the guy who started haulmark trailers and he said the reason they dont offer many v-nose trailer's is beacuse they dont actually help that much becuase you need at least a 5 foot v to actually cut the wind, but then that adds another 500 pounds on weight so it kinda offsets it

sunco
03-09-2011, 05:24 AM
I hear ya, but dont believe it. Just like a big truck if you ride thousands mile your deflector will save you money over time. But to run around local - not so much.
If you had a choice its obovious that a v will cut the wind better than something flat. I have several reasons for wanting a v nose.

Don't beleive everything be tell ya. :rolleyes: