PDA

View Full Version : another question

Rancher2005
02-12-2011, 05:31 AM
before i buy stuff for my rebuild i wanna know a few things i wanna go 11:1 compression and i wanna know if i can still run pump gas and if i have to change the head studs i am thinking of going .60 over ....i wanna keep it as reliable as i can

hocman123
02-12-2011, 05:52 AM
u should be fine with 92-93 pump gas with 11:1 compression. the head studs u don't have to replace i hear of people on this site with 12:5 compression and still have the stock studs but a lot of people do it just to be safe and it doen't cost a lot anyway.

when u are in there it would help the engine a lot to throw in a good cam i would put a stade 2 hot cam eith that kind of compression. and replace the cam chain and guides and go with the stronger crf 450 chain. it's really simple to do when u have the top end apart and u could do it when ur getting the cylinder bored.

PaRedneckRiders
02-12-2011, 06:55 AM
If i were you id just buy an 87mm piston thats a 416 they are plenty reliable, Even a 440 is reliable if you do certain mods to help with cooling and what not.

At 11:1 you will be fine on pump gas.

The head studs are cheap insurance so thats why alot of ppl run them, i personally dont but i probably should be.

The stock timing chain will be fine but again the 02 crf timing chain is cheap insurance.

As for a cam depending on what kind of riding you do depends on what kind of cam you want.

A stage 1 cam will give you a lot of low end power but IMO they really lack on top end.
The stage 2(what i run) is a good all around cam has good low end awsome mid range power and is still pulls hard in the higher rpm's

scottdom
02-16-2011, 05:32 PM
sounds like fun. You definitely be good on pump gas with the 11.1. I had that before i did another rebuild. Here's what I did for my 426. 13.1 piston, HD studs, port/polish, 05' trx450 carb, stock cam chain, hotcam II, ESR air intake, and an larger oil cooler. Put on dyno and she put out 37hp and 39 with dyno slicks. Better than my buddies trx450r at 36. The torque is crazy to and the power never dies off. Very reliable. It hurts a lot of modified 450's. Good luck