PDA

View Full Version : Throttle cable question

Velvet-Casket
02-11-2011, 11:21 PM
I have a terrycable throttle housing and a 38mm airstryker carb. What specific cable do i need to buy? I believe a stock one has a carb cap at the end of the cable but i think its the wrong size. I might be wrong. Someone inform me and point me in the right direction please! Thanks guys!

deathman53
02-12-2011, 01:08 PM
motion pro sells the cable or you can use a 85 atc250r throttle cable. if you use the honda oem cable, you have tounscrew the cap nipple from the carb top and the oem cable screws into the cap of the 38 a/s carb. To make things clear, a 85 atc250r cable is different than a 86-89 250r, so is the carb. On the 85, the cable screws into the cap of the carb and then the cap will screw on to the carb.

Velvet-Casket
02-13-2011, 11:40 AM
Thanks alot deathman.

profab250R
02-14-2011, 12:00 AM
I used my stock cable by removing it from the cap (the nipple does not screw into the stock cap it is a ball socket fitting.) after removing from the cap I measured the distance from the cap cable seat to the slide connection point and cut enough cable housing off to work with the aftermarket carb.

DnB_racing
02-14-2011, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by profab250R
I used my stock cable by removing it from the cap (the nipple does not screw into the stock cap it is a ball socket fitting.) after removing from the cap I measured the distance from the cap cable seat to the slide connection point and cut enough cable housing off to work with the aftermarket carb. I just dremaled the brass fitting off the end and the length was just right with plenty of adjustment each way.... then covered up with a rubber boot