PDA

View Full Version : Best CDIs

sheweezy
02-11-2011, 09:13 PM
Wanting to know you guys opinion on the best CDI's? Plug n Play or an adjustable, what brand, or none at all? What have you guys had the best success with? I am running an AMR stage 3 Plug n Play CDI with Monster coil that came on my bike when I got it which im sure came from the set from ebay...curious if there was a better setup to give me a little more through electrical components

CJM
02-11-2011, 09:16 PM
Stock stuffs fine, you dont produce anything better on these machines sadly even with aftermarket parts.

honda400ex2003
02-11-2011, 09:17 PM
stock one gets my vote, the a dynatek, then any other one. the dynatek i am talking about has the adjustable curves for it.

the rest just raise the rpm limit for the most part with the acception of one or two that will advance the timing also. i guess i would get one that advanced the timing too.

my vote would be to get a sparks timing advance key and keep the stocker all while saving about 50 bucks.
just my opinion on the topic though, some swear by them others just shift sooner. there is no reason to have a rev limit of 1000 more, it doesnt make any sort of usable power way up that high, i guess it may be nice to hold it a gear low for a jump or something on an mx track but thats all i could think of.

steve

sheweezy
02-11-2011, 09:23 PM
Yeah, I can't think of any other way it could really change much besides a higher rev, actual motor upgrades seem to be the only way to get a faster rev...thanks for reassurance!