PDA

View Full Version : "Bad LTR, that's a no no!" says EPA

ROLLIN
02-11-2011, 07:21 PM
Sounds like a lot of you guys' LTRs need to cork-up and quit breathing so heavy. I just saw in dirtwheels that the EPA is coming down on suzuki for being too easy to modify and thus creating polution. That's a no no, suk. Those poor factory suzuki support riders are gonna have a new LTR; fuel-injection not needed just a big battery!

finsteratv
02-11-2011, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by ROLLIN
Sounds like a lot of you guys' LTRs need to cork-up and quit breathing so heavy. I just saw in dirtwheels that the EPA is coming down on suzuki for being too easy to modify and thus creating polution. That's a no no, suk. Those poor factory suzuki support riders are gonna have a new LTR; fuel-injection not needed just a big battery!
HONDA :muscle:
jk suk guys. not trying to step on your toes hah

RATPACK Z400
02-11-2011, 08:00 PM
If they start with one quad its not gonna end till they,ve all banned ,the EPA wants to get them all its just the suzuki is probably the easiest to enforce there BS first, then comes the rest of the 450,s !

Pappy
02-11-2011, 08:05 PM
This is actually old news..over a year really:p

KingpinsEx
02-11-2011, 09:15 PM
They just need to throw a honda style muffler on it and the problem would be fixed...

K-Dub
02-11-2011, 09:43 PM
The answer lays in a sticker and a few words on a title. Competition use only and intended for closed course tracks. My understanding is that the EPA cant really touch competition use only vehicles, or I guarantee you a top fuel dragsters and fuel funny cars would be dinosaurs. 8 gal of nitro methane to one 1/4 mile run, and strait headers. Our quads dont even compare.

rbgnwa45
02-12-2011, 04:11 PM
I read in a magazine (dirt wheels?) a few years ago that something like 50 banshee's are equal to one city bus powered by natural gas. Quads & bikes are miniscule compared to large machinery.

slightlybent47
02-12-2011, 09:36 PM
Yeah they have been after the little guys for years while big corporations pump out tons of pollution every day. I’ve herd lots of crazy things over the years. Still doesn’t mean they wont succeed in doing harm to anyone they can. The EPA will throw there weight around and punish those that can’t afford hire lawyers to fight it.