PDA

View Full Version : Fox Podium X Rear Shock Springs

xtremeatv
02-11-2011, 02:15 PM
Ok i just bought a used Fox Podium X Rear shock for a DC swingarm. I think i got ripped off, the guy said it was set for a 100 pound rider. My kid actually weighs about 80 so i called fox to see how flexible they are with their spring weights. Come to found out this shock has a 250 pound spring on it and they did verify it was built for a DRR. Thats nuts, i dont know many kids that come close to that weight. The guy said that spring with that swingarm would come out to a 150 to a 200 pound rider. Thats still nuts. I also didnt get the remote rezzie mount for drr that i was told would come with it.

Anyways i do have a +4 swingarm that i was thinking about throwing this on. I assume the longer swingarm ought to bring the weight range down a bit but i dont have a clue how much. Any ideas?

Do any of you have any extra springs around your kids out grew? The fox guy told me the one i would need but i forgot already. he did say the last 4 numbers on the part # on the spring specify the weight. On mine it is -0250. Im thinking i would need somewhere in the range of -0150 or so.

I should have just bought a float for the rear. I do notice most of you guys run a podium in the rear though, whats the reason for that?

jerkyboy
02-11-2011, 04:41 PM
Triy it with the longer swingarm before you do anything else, it might be ok. If you have to buy a new spring there only about $78 bucks + whatever shipping is I just bought a new spring yesterday.

Nobody uses a float in the rear cause they dont work very well.
I have heard they are still working on it.

raidernut
02-11-2011, 04:58 PM
My son is about 75 pounds and an agressive rider. we use the 250 pound spring. I have all the springs you need. i have a 225 or a 185. I would not put the longer swingarm on. you should leave your DC swinger on and get the spring that suits your rider. PM me if you are interested i can give you a good deal. Them telling you that spring is for a 150-200 pound rider is incorrect. almost everyone with your same set up is either using the 250 or 225, and the little guys use the 185.

TTracer#22
02-11-2011, 08:13 PM
My son is 105# and we have 300# springs in Both of his with DC Swing arms as Mr Williams said its all in how they ride.