PDA

View Full Version : getting an 06 drr

nkillian9
02-11-2011, 12:57 AM
gonna go buy a 06 drr for my daughter this weekend is there anything i really need to look out for ive done a lil research i know its not the best one out but getting it for 400 and it appears to be in good shape

jerkyboy
02-11-2011, 05:37 AM
The duel a-arm models are much better but for $400 bucks its a good deal. Is it all stock or have aftermarkrt parts on it. Check the fram for cracks around shock mount under seat is the most common, round tube swinarms usually bend, chain rubs threw frame next too rear motormount. You can check the other threads
about 50's above or below this one.

If you ended up not liking it the motor is worth about $300 in good condition.

nkillian9
02-11-2011, 10:59 PM
its pretty much stock has nerfs, pro taper bars twist throttle, a chain tnesioner setup probally to keep it from rubbing like u stated, and the seat has been shaved a lil he said i cant tell that it has so obviously done a good job imma go pick it up tomorrow i reakon

Joemartin17
02-13-2011, 07:07 PM
My son rode a 2007 Air-cooled single A-arm DRR 50 for two seasons in NEATV. The thing was bullet proof. Never had a DNF due to mechanical failure and he rides very hard. He did end up breaking the frame this past season right at the upper part were the rar shock mounts. It was a great machine for him to learn on. Doesnt handle the best but plenty of power.

Joe Martin
#17 DRR 90 NEATV

Get Dirty MX
BRM Graphics

nkillian9
02-14-2011, 08:16 AM
lol actually to much power for my girl right now he added different springs and when it hits it hits really surprising to me i got it anyways now looking for some stock springs to put in it for awhile he gave me the thumb throttle to go with it so i can govern it a lil but imma have to cut the power down for a lil while shes only 3 and a half other than that its a nice bike now dude also had a dual arm setup pretty tricked out so maybe in a couple of yrs i can pick something like that up but for now this one will be more than plenty

nkillian9
02-14-2011, 08:19 AM
im glad there is a drr forum tho i hope to learn as much on it as i have from others for my quads i did check the rear shock mount and its good to go im pretty sure it needs axle bearings tho when im on it it rocks a lil i couldnt tell it when riding it but imm cahnge them fairly quick